Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I got out for a little hunting over the weekend. Got to see fellow Tnetters Kurtstuben and Smittyman. A couple of class act guys.

In the 5 years I have been detecting, I’ve never dug a Canadian silver coin. Well that changed this weekend. When I flipped this plug, I was delighted to see a silver dime.

BB29C0F7-76A3-4425-8C01-DA26A7334E1D.jpeg

It took me a minute to realize what I had. The boat on the reverse was the tip I needed. I also managed to dig a hand full of wheaties.

EE2D702D-90BA-48C6-8C90-6B76216F33B1.jpeg

I got this medic’s collar disc. A close look indicates that I hit it with the digger, just barely though.

92C7C481-D09D-44AE-AC4D-5973B578E6F8.jpeg

Here is a picture of everything, including a junk ring, millefiori earring and a lead toy pig.

DA0EE74E-7F4B-4731-91EF-CA391D870F19.jpeg

YTD silver coin # 2

Thanks for looking and good luck on your hunts.

Upvote 20
I don't know if we have ever seen a lead toy pig posted here - clearly that would be the outstanding find of the day !

Nice job on the Canadian silver Tom. I really like that collar disc.

pretty good day, some Canadian pork with your cereal plus a medic rounding it out! pretty darn good day, congrats

Nice old coins, jewelry and relics! :occasion14:

Is that one of them there whatitheycallit, fish scales? Congrats, I think I've still not found a canook silver, mine keep turning out to be nickle.

Nice silver Tom!

Great finds 2019 is gonna be a great year for you....Tommy

Is that one of them there whatitheycallit, fish scales? Congrats, I think I've still not found a canook silver, mine keep turning out to be nickle.

Dime (and a pretty one to boot Carolina Tom, nice find!). Fish scales are silver nickels which I’ve heard don’t hold up super well in the ground due to being so thin. Still trying my first of those.

Congratulations Tom, that's only the beginning for this year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back