cannon ball????

umplestan

Feb 12, 2008
???
Huh
Ok folks:
I was raised in Eastland County, Tx. in a small town named Cisco,Tx. For the life of me, i cannot remember exactly where and when i found this round thing. We vacationed in all surrounding states, and visited Lubbock, Dallas/Fortworth, Corpus, areas a lot. My Pa also was an avid Native American treasure hunter and our family would spend endless hours in the surrounding country and i still have many artifacts and odd shaped rocks that we found. Can you imagine hauling all this stuff around for 50 yrs, and i now live in CA. What a pack rat.
I can remember playing catch with my brother and pitching this sphere in the air and catching, throwing against the barn to see what damage it would do, or anything else a young boy would do with a hardball size round object. And today i was going through a box of old stuff trying to down size as i am fixin to retire and low and behold i came across this mysterious iron ball. Now days, being that this is 1/2 a century later, you can run right to a web site and learn stuff, and i think i am probably lucky to have the fingers to type this with. O and by the way, i can hear stuff inside it when i shake it next to my ear. Havn't gained much common since have i.
It is 21/4" in diamiter and weighs about 2-3 lbs. Pitted with rust. I cannot locate the fuse hole or a place to fill the interior of the ball. Will take a picture and post asap.

Umplestan

Attachments

• cannonball.JPG
    cannonball.JPG
    209 KB · Views: 247
  • cannonball.JPG
    cannonball.JPG
    209 KB · Views: 240
Upvote 0

stryker-one

Aug 10, 2007
Independence, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Scorpion Gold Stinger and Tesoro Silver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might be a cannon ball--to bad you can not recall where you found it. That rattling inside--that is interesting.

Thanks for showing it.

Stryker

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread