Bartek

Apr 5, 2014
Northern NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After over a week of not being able to detect, I got invited by EastCoastHunter21 to his spot where few days ago he pulled 2 canon balls from a wooded area near a Revolutionary battle site.
Here's his post: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/487739-revolutionary-war-cannon-balls.html

Once we got into the brush and I fired up my Deus & came across a faint scratchy signal. Knowing what I knew, I decided to go for it. I dug, then I dug some more and then I felt the top of something round and knew I had a possible cannon ball. And sure thing, my first Cannon ball. 15 mins later I came across a similar scratchy deep sound and popped out another Ball! Very exciting hunt. Also found 4 musket balls, 1863 British Half Penny, 1864 & 1874 Indian cents and a British Scout whistle.
Enjoy the photos (and video) and happy hunting

image3.jpg coins.jpg cBAlls1.jpg

Upvote 12

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Wha wha wha?!?! I missed all this because I had to paint a room?!!! Well if I'm not mistaken I fortuned you to finding cannonballs and British coppers last night. Well, congrats Bart you're da man! Killer finds and I'm wicked jealous. Wish I could have joined you today but Valspar "Aspiration" color was on my agenda according to the wife. Trim, ceiling paint, and crown moulding. Sigh.

Great day. Thanks for saving me one buddy;)

williedigit

Oct 24, 2015
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
AT PRO and WHITES SILVER EAGLE also MINELAB 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After over a week of not being able to detect, I got invited by EastCoastHunter21 to his spot where few days ago he pulled 2 canon balls from a wooded area near a Revolutionary battle site.
Here's his post: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/487739-revolutionary-war-cannon-balls.html

Once we got into the brush and I fired up my Deus & came across a faint scratchy signal. Knowing what I knew, I decided to go for it. I dug, then I dug some more and then I felt the top of something round and knew I had a possible cannon ball. And sure thing, my first Cannon ball. 15 mins later I came across a similar scratchy deep sound and popped out another Ball! Very exciting hunt. Also found 4 musket balls, 1863 British Half Penny, 1864 & 1874 Indian cents and a British Scout whistle.
Enjoy the photos (and video) and happy hunting

View attachment 1258290 View attachment 1258291 View attachment 1258292

It's nice to be invited once in awhile[emoji106]

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Totally jelly of your big beautiful fodder balls

Last edited:

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing & Congrats!

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those cleaned up awesome. Nice work and GREAT finds.

Eastcoasthunter21

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2015
New York/Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DEUS ALL THE WAY
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow what an incredible find bartek.
We have had an incredible year of hunting
So many great finds coins, artifacts , trinkets
But yesterday's hunt will be one we always remember two revolutionary war cannon balls
Added to the two from Thursday's hunt woe. 4 6 lb cannon balls and almost a dozen musket shot.
What a day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread