SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
D2DB9087-0DF6-45CC-9B22-2D883099AB94.jpeg I went driving for a good spot to detect after bidding on a job, and saw an old 30’s style home. I flipped around and pulled in the long drive. There was also a new home built across from it. I knock on the door and ask about detecting it and the lady says sure no problem. But You may want to check over here. She takes me around the back of the new house, and points to a raised field about 50’ away. She says thats Ours also, and it’s the spot where the old ....... School House sat in the 20’s and Your welcome to hunt it too. She said that they’ve lived there for 4o some years and no one has ever hunted it.
You can imagine My eyes!!! I talk for a little longer and off I go......
I power up and start swinging, and no signals!!! Lately I’ve had a message appear on My CTX that says “ cannot detect” & “cannot detect coil”, but it doesn’t stay on and I always just keep hunting. Well of all times it had to happen when a pretty awesome spot came to light. I got it to pick up a signal, and then itd go blank. With the message across the screen. This is a 5x10 that Im having the issue with.
I hurry home not being able to hunt, and immediately put the 11” stock back on, and no problems. Guess the 5x10” Coiltek Coil got wore out!!! That sucks!!!! It’s an Awesome coil to hunt with for target separation. I leave it on normally unless I’m hunting CW Bullets.
Has anyone else had this problem???
Oh, and I will get back to that untouched historical school yard in time lol

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread