Cant decide. Minelab Safari, E-trac, of Whites MXT?

saltfisher

Feb 15, 2009
Ephrata PA
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truthfully the E-trac is a little out of my price range at just under $1500. How much different is the safari then the e-trac? Does the whites MXT compare to the safari? Most of my hunting is done around parks, fields, fairgrounds, and at the beach hunting jewlery and coins. Wet and dry sand. Which machine should I go with? 99% of my hunting is coins/jewlery. I understand I may have to get 2 machines.... 1 for the beach like a excal. or a sov. GT, and one for the land.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Wayupnorth66

Mar 26, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
After owning a discovery 3300, goldbug 2 and several others...I recently purchased a white's mxt 300. I even purchased a 18" butterfly coil for more depth. After a week of seriouse detecting with the mxt...I have decided to send it back to Kellyco. Im not sure if its the ground here in northern Wis. or if Im just stupid with it????.....But the mxt is not a very good machien compared to other cheaper ones I own. My thought is to trade up for the Minelab safari.. Just my 2 cents worth.

hawk-run

Feb 24, 2010
I am from Gods Country
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT Garrett ACE 250 & Pro Pointer
I had a MXT and sold it went back to my Sovereign i don't think you can beat a Sovereign for beach or inland hunting. And all i read about the MXT it is not known for good depth.

Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I see response like this I can't help but think people are getting a bad detector and never realize it. The MXT is known for it's great depth compared to even higher end detectors. I had the same experience with my new DFX just last month. Had I not known I had a faulty DFX I would have sold it and told people the DFX is not very good at all.

I've Owned 4 DFX's so I know what they can do. I got another one, in a trade, at the first of the year and noticed right away it was not acting right. I could find stuff, but the VDI was very erratic as well as the sound on even shallow targets. The guy that traded it to me had no idea it had a problem, and I doubt the guy he got it from knew it was not right. I sent it back to White's to be fixed, but had I not known what a good DFX should work like I would have never known this one was bad. I wonder just how many such incidents happen with all brands of detectors? It sure would explain some of the reviews I read that are nothing like my experience.

Wayupnorth66

Mar 26, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
I hear ya!.....That can be said for many things. The only way for a company to combat that problem would be ...testing before individual product release from the factory. I dont think it should ever happen if the company is on top of their quality control....But again...you are correct...there are lemons.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread