Can't Decide - Nokta Relic or Makro Racer 2?

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kodiak - what settings are you using on the Deus? I'm having a lot of trouble getting to know this machine and I'm just not seeing all the performance everyone else seems to be seeing. A lot of the sites I hunt are like yours. I'm curious to see what you're doing that I'm not. Admittedly, I've stuck with the factory programs and haven't deviated much from those.

Ranger, contact VABUCKHUNTER on this site.....we detect together and he is doing very well with the Deus. He struggled at first with this machine but definitely has it figured out now as he does very well with it. He would be a good one to talk to as he is only one county away so ground conditions, etc. will be very similar. Once figured out, a man with a Deus will have no need for anything else to hunt iron infested areas....

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I run freq 12 or 18 kHz silencer at 0 or -1 reactivity 2 or 3 depending on how trashy it is. Iron volume 2 full tones sense at 85 or higher. Ground balance for site disc 0 or 1 or 2 depending on feedback. No notch. Listen to good tones that seem small in between trash.

OP
OP
Valley Ranger

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I run freq 12 or 18 kHz silencer at 0 or -1 reactivity 2 or 3 depending on how trashy it is. Iron volume 2 full tones sense at 85 or higher. Ground balance for site disc 0 or 1 or 2 depending on feedback. No notch. Listen to good tones that seem small in between trash.

BTW, how often do you get the fail message when ground balancing by pumping?

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I got to say is I own the Racer 2 and have found Jewellery, new coins and a lot of coins dating from 1700's-1880's.

I ain't been sent any test units, or being paid by anyone, or I don't do any racer 2 videos on youtube etc...I just simply KNOW FOR A FACT that having owned AT Pro, Ace 250, Euroace, Racer 1 and Cscope that the Racer 2, In my opinion...is ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!

Simple as that.

Found this coin 8" on farmland a few weeks ago:

It's dated 1837.

Queen Victoria ‘To Hanover’ gaming tokens or jettons, 1837 to 1867

images hosting

Matt.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions