Cant prospect for gold on stanislsus

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
This issue came to a head about two months ago. Myself and the president of the Delta Gold Diggers made several attempts to speak to the District Commander to no avail until he used his position with the MMAC. After he used his official title, he got a meeting with the District Commander. The District Commander indicated, after an inspection within the Knights Ferry Park boundaries, they discovered evidence of people using Sluices and digging into the actual hiking trails, a violation of thier standing rules of trowels and pans only. After the meeting, the Commander agreed to reinstate the trowels and pans rule, absolutely no shovels or buckets will be allowed at any location along the Stanislaus River Park chain. This area, according to the Commander, begins at Goodwin Dam and follows the river all the way to the San Joaquin River. I know there is private property along the river and each park has boudaries of their own.

When were you down there last? If it was recently, let me know and I will relay the information. Did you talk to a Park Officer or was it posted?

OP
OP
D

dbritto1969

Tenderfoot
Apr 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was down there yesterday never got bothered but heard though a guy that you cant prospect

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fun fact-During the 1994 dredge regs negotiations a project was offered up for us to mine all the river bank to bank as it's so compacted(according to CDFG biologists) that NO fish can spawn. They offered to pay a yardage fee AND we keep the gold BUT your Rights crew,( PLOP/Cancer) fillabustered the offer right off the table, same with the Consumes below Hi Way 49 all the way to Power House...sic sic sic Hands and pans my arse.John.

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Fun fact-During the 1994 dredge regs negotiations a project was offered up for us to mine all the river bank to bank as it's so compacted(according to CDFG biologists) that NO fish can spawn. They offered to pay a yardage fee AND we keep the gold BUT your Rights crew,( PLOP/Cancer) fillabustered the offer right off the table, same with the Consumes below Hi Way 49 all the way to Power House...sic sic sic Hands and pans my arse.John.

I agree John, hands and pan are a joke. Not sure what the big deal is. I do agree though people don't need to be digging up the hiking trails, if that is true. It could be propaganda to support their to plans to shut down the mining in that area.

OP
OP
D

dbritto1969

Tenderfoot
Apr 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can dig on the bank or in just the river it vary a lot with the dam lately hand trowl? what's considered a hand trowl? Is a bent screwdriver for crevices considered a hand trowl? They should post rules there so it's clear thanks for the help

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread