Cant stand Fords but ya gotta love a Mercury!!!

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Went to a realy old park today with my friend Kent, its a park outside of Blackfoot called Riverside. Kent has found Merc dimes there in the past so we knew it had some silver. My first coin signal was this '43 Merc at about 8" deep, I saw it way down in the hole & knew what it was before I pulled it out! About 30 minutes later I got this '43 war nickel at about 7-8 inches, I guess 1943 was a damn good year! (well..........except for the death & destruction goin on in Europe & in the Pacific) Also got a nice 50 cent-dollar hit at 3 inches, by the time I hit 6 inches & no coin I figured I had a can at a foot deep, kept diggin & got this sprinkler. GRRRRRRRRR!!!! Dug a '65 & '66 rosie (almost silver) & a lot of old copper pennies from the early '60's, so Im goin back soon fer more silver. I didnt dig a lot of coins today but had a very good day! ;D
Also, just did a mod on my Compass coin scanner, put a knob in er' & made it a manual ballance machine. For the last week since I did it I have had MAJOR problems with it, lots of false signals, cant get er dialed in. Last night I had a thought.........never had problems before but maybe its my steel toe boots. Dug up an old pair of Doc Martens that dont have steel toes & my Compass worked perfectly today! Go figure......... :D

Attachments

• good year \'43.jpg
    good year \'43.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 759
  • good day.jpg
    good day.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 790
Upvote 0

Nick in NEPA

Dec 28, 2006
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
pather said:
Check the '65 dime and see if it is silver. There were several silver planchets left in the hopper at the end of '64 and they were minted with the 1965 date. They're worth upwards of $30,000 apiece. Great finds.
30K HOLY CRAPOLA!!!!!

Great dig there AP. What were you using to dog it with? LOL
~Nash~

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charlie P. (NY) said:
....never had problems before but maybe its my steel toe boots. Dug up an old pair of Doc Martens that dont have steel toes & my Compass worked perfectly today! Go figure....

:D

Nice finds. I've pulled some copper/silver/manganese war nickels out of circulation but never dug one.
ditto same here AP sucks ;D

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do indeed love Mercuries!! She looks great!! Here is the first one I ever dug. She is a 43 also. A little bitty shark tried to eat my dime.... :'(

Attachments

• TinyTooth.jpg
    TinyTooth.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 223
  • TinyTooth.jpg
    TinyTooth.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 220

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Goodness what would you have dug it with ;)? Would preffer a Chevy over a Mercury myself, unless (of course it's a coin!). This time of year I have to buy my Mercs. So I am way jealous.

Tell me how you tweak that machine, that's once you have it down pat.

Keep up the great work!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread