Can't update my XP DEUS

JD56

Mar 18, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Using the data cord that was provided with my XP Deus using a Microsoft 10, I follow the directions fully word for word and my unit will not update to the v5. The unit does nothing when I plug it into the data cord as directed. When I remove the cord after letting it sit(while it does nothing), the unit automatically restarts itself. I attempted to use a second data cord and as soon as I plug the unit as directed, the unit reboots.

I've tried to install and uninstall the updates along with restarting the computer. The coil, headphones, unit are fully charged.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

EQ8

Feb 1, 2020
Sw Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd just call the company and ask them.
I would think they have decent customer service??

Oh, and welcome to the forum.
Hope this helps

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JD56 I am using 5.21 update. If you want me to call you and try and help P M
MSG me your phone number

Dec 12, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I just tried to update myself follow the directions exactly no issues with the computer and what I got was a frozen update on R.C. and frozen update on the computer I called up customer service and that was a horror show!!! It's been 2 days and still no call back!

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard some anti-virus programs can block it. So you might have to turn it off. Also, i do not agree with the instructions. I did not leave the coil plugged in to the charger, just make sure it is fully charged first.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kailey : JD56 made the posting March 18 2020 It was his first posting. He has made no more. So we do not know what has happened since. I also see this is your first posting, Let me be the FIRST to welcome you to a very FINE and INFORMATIVE forum., Also I would like to wish you a very Merry Christmas !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread