Canyon Lake

txconservative

Jul 26, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350 / Cobra Beach Magnet / Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Hey there fellow Texan ! I wish I could, that sounds so fun. I live about 4 hours away from New Braunfels. Canyon Lake is beautiful. I have just recently got into detecting and want to get me an underwater detector. I've also considered getting certified for diving....Are you familiar with the town that is underwater there ?

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
Had many great logged dives out at Canyon over the years. There are also many great places to do some detecting in the hangout spots.

Jason

OP
OP
Texas Jed

Texas Jed

Jan 24, 2007
Houston Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
txconservative said:
Hey there fellow Texan ! I wish I could, that sounds so fun. I live about 4 hours away from New Braunfels. Canyon Lake is beautiful. I have just recently got into detecting and want to get me an underwater detector. I've also considered getting certified for diving....Are you familiar with the town that is underwater there ?

No, not familiar with it. I will be visiting near the horseshoe in October. My family goes there every year for a reunion. I usually search the dry creeks for arrowpoints and fossils and will probably do that again this year, but I wanted to make an attempt to meet up with someone from the area who knew of a good place to have a morning land hunt with detectors. I have never hunted this area before and dont have any contacts.

TJ

haybudden2

Apr 2, 2009
gulf coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-x, CZ-7, CZ-20, F-5
Sounds like a great hunt.

Better check with lake authorities first.
I remember something in 08 09 about
there being a restriction at State lakes
on Metal Detecting.
I think it was when the lakes were really
low.
Hay2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread