Captain Morgans Ship...

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the very appropriate link today!

pirate talk day2.jpg

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morgan could hardly be called a "Captain", he was so careless about losing ships.

Here's the best book I've found on Morgan:

"Empire of Blue Water: Captain Morgan's Great Pirate Army, the Epic Battle for the Americas, and the Catastrophe That Ended the Outlaws' Bloody Reign"

OP
OP
S

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
Morgan could hardly be called a "Captain", he was so careless about losing ships.

Here's the best book I've found on Morgan:

"Empire of Blue Water: Captain Morgan's Great Pirate Army, the Epic Battle for the Americas, and the Catastrophe That Ended the Outlaws' Bloody Reign"

His ships, his fleet, he could have called himself fleet Admiral Morgan if he had wanted, and no one would have questioned him on it either ;-)

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
His ships, his fleet, he could have called himself fleet Admiral Morgan if he had wanted, and no one would have questioned him on it either ;-)

Well, he wasn't a salty dog ................

Morgan was a highly intelligent and bold thinker and excellent motivator of his men.

His activities in the Caribbean were a great (and economical) counter to Spanish authority in the area for the English.

I'd like to spend a week with him and his men back then.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked the short video, but am still puzzled as to why everyone tries to make a hero out of him ?? He was directly responsible for the torture death of hundreds ,,if not thousands. His men even burned a warehouse full of negro slaves to death since they were worth nothing to them ??

If you want data on Morgan and his loot from Panama go check with Chagy in shipwrecks.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
During or after his torturing to death his prisoners Bum ?

Don Jose de La Mancha

What is this - Congress? I don't play gotcha games.

There were damn few humanitarians back then. My avatar is François l'Olonnais. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/François_l'Olonnais

Why? No particular reason - you got to have a picture. Could have been Captain Crunch.

It's really hard to impose morality on someone else, much less when it's hundreds of years ago and they're dead. I think that's a modern irrationality, and somewhat self-crntered.

For me? I'm not cruel at all, but warriors speak a timeless language. There would be plenty else to be interested in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
What is this - Congress? I don't play gotcha games.

There were damn few humanitarians back then. My avatar is François l'Olonnais. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/François_l'Olonnais

Why? No particular reason - you got to have a picture. Could have been Captain Crunch.

It's really hard to impose morality on someone else, much less when it's hundreds of years ago and they're dead. I think that's a modern irrationality, and somewhat self-crntered.

For me? I'm not cruel at all, but warriors speak a timeless language. There would be plenty else to be interested in.
+1!!
Fear and respect often came from brutal acts, look at the history of how most crews on Government ships were treated, not well...

As well as most privateers were licensed by an opposing government..... it was once they stepped outside the bounds of their contract is when they became wanted "criminals" and hunted....

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, no fun to be stateless.

Morgan was a genius; I think his downfall was his drinking.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread