Car/Truck/This and That!

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, actually got out today. I didn't think I was going to. I got my lawn done and realized that there was plenty of light left. So I hit a playground that is pretty new. The play area had three separate sections and each had it's own ground covering; wood chips, sand and rocks. In the sand I got an weak iffy nickel/iron signal and I almost passed it up, so, I swiped it again and had trouble getting the signal to be consistent, that is without cranking the sensitivity up which I didn't want to do. When I got it again I employed the pinpoint quickly to latch on to the target and started to dig. The machine told me four inches but it was actually about twice that or more. I finally cleared enough sand, which was wet(a good thing)and started to see some color. I wedged my trowel under it and plucked it out. It was a little red garbage truck. I cleared the sand off and all of a sudden I got a whole show of blinking lights and music. I guess it was happy that someone came back for it. Then a while later in the same sand pit I dug a...digger. Now, I have said before, this year for me has been constant with keys and cars, but also trowels in one form or another. This time it was a child's sand trowel so it appears. Well, why stop here, yet a little while later, another car. I can't complain. Otherwise, this short hunt was the usual grab bag of clad, trash, various personal effects and so forth. All in all, I got out and found some stuff therefore I am happy. GL & HH!!

Attachments

• IMG_1758.JPG
    IMG_1758.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1760.JPG
    IMG_1760.JPG
    734.8 KB · Views: 90
Upvote 0

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana