Cards, books, glasses, bags, belts, pucks, calculators, silver, Silva, gold & a thing

clorox

Jun 1, 2012
Northern California
Primary Interest:
Other
Cards, books, glasses, bags, belts, pucks, calculators, silver, Silva, gold & a thing

Big day today. Started slow but it sure picked up!

cards pucks calculators.JPG
First off, an HP-80 calculator! It turns on and the display works, but no matter what I do it only shows zeroes. Needs a bit of work. Two of the Addiators are used, the other is completely untouched. Pretty fun to play with! The Oakland Seals pucks were a sure buy even before I checked out what they're going for! And the Magic cards were free, another no-brainer.

compass with box1.JPG
Vintage Silva type 1. Beautiful.

sunglasses.JPG
On the far left, a pair of somewhat older L'Amy Pierrot reading glasses. The bridge might be gold and has a mark on it, but I'm not familiar with it (picture below). Below them is a pair of Vuarnet Pouilloux cat-eyes, lenses are a bit scuffed. Top middle is vintage Sol Amor in great shape. Thank you to whatever costume director put Johnny Depp in these recently! The Mother's Cookies shades were just too cool to pass up! The yellow pair is vintage Solflex, lenses are very scratched. The purple ones are LOGO Paris, very valley-girl.

glasses hallmark.JPG
Here's the mark on the bridge of the reading glasses. They look like gold to me, anyone recognize the mark?

jewelry bags.JPG
Got a bunch of canvas bank bags, and a bunch of jewelry! The pile of ear cuffs, ring, lapis earring, chain earrings, and bracelets are sterling. The palm tree pendant that looks like a cheap souvenir is actually on a sterling bezel! The very nice engraved cross is 10k English gold, hallmarked Birmingham 1986. The two knot earrings are 14k; I didn't realize they didn't match until I got home! The thick round earrings are also 14k, but very very light and damaged. The flower and bead earrings are costume.

belts books.JPG
The pamphlets are a fun read, the totem book is actually a book of postcards, in mint shape with receipt dated 1968. The belts are all very good quality with similar acorn designs (one is stamped by a local maker), but they're very dry and stiff. The four buckles on the left are all marked sterling, and they all have absolutely gorgeous engraving. Two Mexican, one made by Rowell Saddle Co., one made by Sunset Trails. The buckle with the stones is unmarked, but I'd bet it's sterling, too.

postcard book open.JPG
A peek inside the postcard book.

Also picked up a bunch of old pens and pencils, a Ducati baseball cap NWT, and a 4-piece condiment caddy (I think) with crystal jars.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good post and great finds. Those buckles are a great find. I haven't been fortunate enough to find any sterling ones... yet. I like that pendant too. Let me know when/if you list it, I may bid on it.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Finds! How much did you end up paying for all of it?.............Scott.

Lafitte Deux

Jan 19, 2012
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man I'm jealous! G. sales are just starting to pop up around here.
I like the addiators. I've found a few.

OP
OP
C

clorox

Jun 1, 2012
Northern California
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks everyone! I forgot to mention that I also got a NIB Uniden marine radio. Don't know the exact amount I spent, but I'm pretty sure it was well under $200. Diggumup, I'll keep you in mind for that pendant.

giniro

Jan 14, 2013
Columbus, OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah free magic cards are a no brainer, looks like recent stuff with nothing of value showing(commons, though I do see a foil). I see M11(cultivate, unholy strength, spined wurm) and Rize of the Eldrazi(Aura Gnarlid) which puts the pile at ~2 years old. There could be something in there still, let me know if you want another pair of eyes on it, I've got a pretty good knowledge base for what's what with Magic cards.

OP
OP
C

clorox

Jun 1, 2012
Northern California
Primary Interest:
Other
Decent amount of rares and uncommons. Best of the bunch are two M11 Ajani's Pridemate, one M11 Drowned Catacomb, three M11 foils: Grave Titan, Angelic Arbiter, and Overwhelming Stampede, and one Rise of the Eldrazi foil: Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief.

Fritos56

Apr 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did good. The few times I have been to garage sales,I rarely find anything I want around here.Maybe I need to check out some estate sales in San Antonio.
My sister who lives in New York in Piermont has done pretty good. She has an ebay store and sells things that are easy to ship.
I've told her to keep her eyes open for any old 1920s to 1940s catalogs or magazines or bungalow plan books.
Unfortunately, she told me that at some of the estate sales she has helped her friend Raj with, if she finds any old paper like that,it's not in very good condition.
Maybe I just need not be picky, or go to more of them.I'd like to find some costume jewelery and depression glass.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! The "palm tree pendant in sterling" is actually butterfly wings background. They bring in more than the "scrap" sterling amount on eBay. Also, look for a makers mark on it as that helps with value. I sold a bracelet set in non-sterling setting and the links looked just like that one for $45 awhile back because it had a makers mark (I can't remember off hand what it was tho'). The belt buckles are fantastic! You should do very well on them! Keep us posted how they do if you sell them. Thanks for posting, makes me antsy to go out and hit the sales but we still have snow on ground here so very slow. Going to first sales (city wide) on this Thursday. Only have been able to hit a few estate sales this winter......WAITING PATIENTLY :)

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! The "palm tree pendant in sterling" is actually butterfly wings background. They bring in more than the "scrap" sterling amount on eBay. Also, look for a makers mark on it as that helps with value. I sold a bracelet set in non-sterling setting and the links looked just like that one for $45 awhile back because it had a makers mark (I can't remember off hand what it was tho'). :)
I knew there was something about it that I liked. Very cool. Never heard of that before. Now that I know, I see them listed as "butterfly wing morpho". Thanks for the info.!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread