Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys - crazy week for the forum huh?

Well this is my post from Sunday's hunt with Pocketspill. He took me out with him to his fairgrounds site and I managed a few keepers. Thanks again Pat for the trip. It was fun eating at a Hardees again, its been a while!

In other news, my apartment was robbed on Tuesday. When I got the call I thought, "oh great, my etrac and all my coins are stolen..." but luckily they didn't take the detector or any of my coins/jewelry that I had sitting out. They even looked at my grandfather's old belt buckle with a morgan dollar in it but they didn't take it. Also glad that they didn't take anything from my beer collection lol. They did however get my laptop with my photo editing software so I am not sure how these pictures here will turn out. I had to use MS paint to shrink and crop them.

HH and be safe out there.
GTL

Attachments

• 03182012.JPG
    03182012.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 157
  • 03182012-2.JPG
    03182012-2.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 154
  • 03182012-3.JPG
    03182012-3.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the finds, and sorry to hear about the break in. I was a victim in 2008, and was nat as fortunate as you. I was taken for everything but my couches and other larger furniture. They got both of my detectors I had then, all of my gold, and they even stole my shoes. They ended up stealing over $35,000 worth of stuff from my place.

OP
OP
Gimmie The Loot

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the finds, and sorry to hear about the break in. I was a victim in 2008, and was nat as fortunate as you. I was taken for everything but my couches and other larger furniture. They got both of my detectors I had then, all of my gold, and they even stole my shoes. They ended up stealing over $35,000 worth of stuff from my place.

Ouch - Yeah that would be devistating. I remember you telling me that story and thats exactly what I was expecting to come home to.

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice stuff jason, sorry to hear about the break in. can't believe you still have your coins and detector.

OP
OP
Gimmie The Loot

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice stuff jason, sorry to hear about the break in. can't believe you still have your coins and detector.

Same here Mark - They didn't take a single dime! I just counted everything and its all there. It would have sucked to have to report each coin into the insurance company. As stupid as it might sound too, there is more then the redbook value to these coins... they represent many hours/days/weeks/months of hard work to find them all... a lot of sweat, muddy shoes, and bug bites too!

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason sorry to hear about being violated...If thats all they took you are lucky that they were idiots and left the good stuff.
Nice finds.

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to hear that and glad you still got everything expect the laptop..congrats on the silver finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread