Carolina Tom’s ring return revisited

smittyman

Jun 6, 2012
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well C-Tom pretty much told the tale and in a much timelier manner.

I just wanted to say that we had a great time! I have been on many ring hunts and most were fails. Our club recently had the opportunity to search for a ring. There must have been a dozen people hunting - fail! Almost every time this happens as I leave with my tail between my legs it seems like they’re watching me and thinking “I know he found it and is taking it with him”.

So this was great!!

I’m mainly writing to give a big thanks to Tom for stepping aside and giving me the chance to share in the glory. A lot of guys would not have been willing to share.

So here it is “THANKS!!”:headbang:

Mocking can begin now....

Upvote 22

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are the dynamic duo!
I suspect that you are the brains, and Tom is the PR guy.
Congratulations on a great recovery. I'm sure you made her week.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know and understand fully the feeling of failure in searching for something. I have searched in vain for an expensive earring of a woman and the wedding band of the husband and felt awful only to find something that the husband needed desperately for his backhoe to be able to finish a job. I also searched several times for the gold WWII ring (a heavy one at that) and never could find it, felt terrible for the 94 year old Vet. then two weeks later he found it in his house. However, when one is successful like you two were, very awesome feeling for sure. I still say that you two were the gentlemen that you were supposed to be and congrats to both of you. Still Honorable Mention in my book for both of you.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Written from Smittyman’s home computer...

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1521505800.373684.jpg

Kidding aside, you guys rock. You’re certainly the nicest Basstards and it’s always a pleasure hanging out with you guys. Looking forward to seeing you buddy. Great work finding those rings

suntannedgem

Jan 29, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 Pro with 9.5", 12" & Super Sniper coils, Garrett Treasure Hound Deep Depth Multiplier, Garrett Pin Pointer Pro II, Bounty Hunter Legacy 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys put a HUGE Capital H in Honoring Our Code of Ethics. Thank you, congratulations and awesome mission dudes!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mighty kind of you to let C.T. help out Smittyman. Even if he goes and makes it sound like he was onto them rings....:laughing7:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I owe you a ‘thanks’ for inviting me along. It really was satisfying to find both of the rings.

You rock buddy!

Eastcoasthunter21

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2015
New York/Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DEUS ALL THE WAY
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HELLO SMITTY MAN. (HES OLD YA HAVE TO YELL )
GREAT JOB ON THE RING RETURN.
HEY IM HAPPY TO SEE YOUR UP AND OUT.
SWINGING THAT COIL. SEE YOU SOON HH GL

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great job on the two rings guys. It's always that nagging feeling one gets when one doesn't find the ring and the owner has look of ??.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too have been on a few "search for the lost ring hunts" I only had one successful one which I posted. The others I always wondered if the people thought I had really found there ring? I believe most of the time people really don't remember where they lost there items. I hope your wife agrees to you coming up this spring and hunting with us again. I always enjoy getting together with you guys. Good work Smittyman, I'm glad you found the wedding band, we wouldn't want Tom's head any bigger than it already is (might not fit in the truck) Congrats again to both you guys!

OP
OP
smittyman

smittyman

Jun 6, 2012
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all!

And Charlie A SPECIAL THANK YOU FOR THE GARRETT MORRIS WEEKEND UPDATE IMPERSONATION.......

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions