Carolina Wrens.

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I woke up to a nice surprise this morning. I had made a few wren boxes, I put them in a safe place away from snakes & bad weather. I knew she had nested in the one. Its right by my bedroom window. I never expected to see the babies so soon.
Here are a few pics, its such a delight to watch them feeding their babies. These wrens come back every year after migration. I know its the same pair because the female comes in my bedroom, when she sees the window open. Its her alrighty.
Hope you like them.

Molly. :)

Attachments

• w6.jpg
    w6.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 189

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool pics, Molly. Hope the snakes don't climb up there and get em. (Hee-hee!)

OP
OP
*Molly*

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
Cool pics, Molly. Hope the snakes don't climb up there and get em. (Hee-hee!)

Hope not for their sake or I'll be getting a nice snake belt.. ::)

Molly. :D

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for helping the 'birds', I have been making bluebird houses out of 'downed hollow trees'.

Fossis...............

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Awesome post Molly,Good for you helping the little Wrens out.Great pictures! I purchased a different home after losing my old home to a flood. I sold the old place and left a Wren house that Ive had up for years at that place. Just because I lost my house didn't mean they had to lose theres. Ive put up a couple new ones at this place,hope I'm as lucky as you getting some in these houses. We will see.
Van

OP
OP
*Molly*

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fossis said:
Thanks for helping the 'birds', I have been making bluebird houses out of 'downed hollow trees'.

Fossis...............

Thats a great idea, I will try that. Thanks Fossis. :thumbsup:

VanGone said:
Awesome post Molly,Good for you helping the little Wrens out.Great pictures! I purchased a different home after losing my old home to a flood. I sold the old place and left a Wren house that Ive had up for years at that place. Just because I lost my house didn't mean they had to lose theres. Ive put up a couple new ones at this place,hope I'm as lucky as you getting some in these houses. We will see.
Van

Sorry to hear you lost your house to flooding. I too am leaving all the birds houses, also I have filled up the hummingbird feeder with sugar water, i'll leave that too for them. I'll just buy more when I move house. I sure will miss the wildlife here but am sure I'll see all new critters when i move.
Thanks for kind words.

Molly. :)

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Molly, that's got to be the cutest pic. Just a simple little house slapped together...I can make one of those too, I need to. Just maybe those Carolina wrens will quit building nests in my hanging flower pots or inside my rubber boots. ;D

:wink: RR

OP
OP
*Molly*

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
River Rat said:
Molly, that's got to be the cutest pic. Just a simple little house slapped together...I can make one of those too, I need to. Just maybe those Carolina wrens will quit building nests in my hanging flower pots or inside my rubber boots. ;D

:wink: RR

Judie, they were nesting in the power box, last year, also a pair nested in the window i had left open, between the window & mesh. The originals came back & nested in the box, i made. I was delighted, last night i saw some new ones or last years babies came back & nested in the window again 'sigh' oh well I'm not worried..
I did just slap the boxes together. I used old wooden blinds & glue. I knew that would suffice being under the horning, it wouldn't get wet, so should last.
Judie, you think the pics are cute, I am watching them all the time, I think there are 4 babies, they sure are hungry, the parents are none stop in & out.
When I move, I'm going to make sure, i make lots of bird houses, they sure do need protection.
Thanks Judie. :)

Molly.

Muddy Feet

Feb 13, 2009
MN
Very nice picture. We have wren houses up but have to put in much smaller holes so the Jays and other birds don't get the young ones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread