carrier going through boxes

jay741jay

Greenie
Feb 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi today i went to my two banks to pick up my halfs first bank went fine but there was a problem at the second bank they bring out 2 boxes that i think are brinks boxes (they are supplied by lommis) the ones half the halfs are on top of each other. As soon as i saw it i noticed the seal was broken. i go out to the car and open the boxes to find that they have all been gone through and re rolled. so i was very upset not at the bank but the carrier. i know for a fact the bank didnt go through them i know them very well and have been going there a while and they were also not brought in by a customer they came off the truck. So i go in and talk to my favorite teller and she says there is not much they can do they just get the boxes no say in it.

So i go back to the car but was so pissed off i go back in and talk to her again. I was very nice to her, and the bank treats me very well. So i talk to her again and she pretty much said the same thing but said she would tell the person who orders the coin to see if she can call the carrier about this. im pretty sure thats what she said. The bank also gets lommis wrapped coin boxes then they get strings then bank to lommis i also get dimes. I think what happened to the halfs is unacceptable the bank would not accept there own coins in they were opened and re wrapped again im guessing. I read on here a little while ago that this happened to someone else but im not sure who? Does any one have any ideas on what i should do? Again the bank did not go through them they came off the truck this way and as expected there was no silver. I am 20 and have been crh for a while before then took a break and strated back up again 6 months ago and this has never happened before. any help is appreciated thanks

Upvote 0

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
jay741jay said:
hi today i went to my two banks to pick up my halfs first bank went fine but there was a problem at the second bank they bring out 2 boxes that i think are brinks boxes (they are supplied by lommis) the ones half the halfs are on top of each other. As soon as i saw it i noticed the seal was broken. i go out to the car and open the boxes to find that they have all been gone through and re rolled. so i was very upset not at the bank but the carrier. i know for a fact the bank didnt go through them i know them very well and have been going there a while and they were also not brought in by a customer they came off the truck. So i go in and talk to my favorite teller and she says there is not much they can do they just get the boxes no say in it.

So i go back to the car but was so pissed off i go back in and talk to her again. I was very nice to her, and the bank treats me very well. So i talk to her again and she pretty much said the same thing but said she would tell the person who orders the coin to see if she can call the carrier about this. im pretty sure thats what she said. The bank also gets lommis wrapped coin boxes then they get strings then bank to lommis i also get dimes. I think what happened to the halfs is unacceptable the bank would not accept there own coins in they were opened and re wrapped again im guessing. I read on here a little while ago that this happened to someone else but im not sure who? Does any one have any ideas on what i should do? Again the bank did not go through them they came off the truck this way and as expected there was no silver. I am 20 and have been crh for a while before then took a break and strated back up again 6 months ago and this has never happened before. any help is appreciated thanks

Not much you can do, just say something and leave it at that for now. If it continues to happen, than make it an issue.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow man, did you send that from a phone or something?

Anyways, its highly unlikely the carrier went through the coins. More likely another CRHer did and returned them that way. Its really not worth making an issue over, next time refuse the boxes if they are opened.

OP
OP
J

jay741jay

Greenie
Feb 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No i typed it on the computer lol. but they were not brought in by anyone, they came from the truck they said so. I know it doesnt sound right but they did come off the truck that way. Also half of the wraps are strings and the others are brinks i think. its been a long time since ive been through a brinks box. also i would not leave them there they have no way to get rid of them they treat me very well so i took them im not going to leave them hanging they could stop ordering for me

dougbfromnorthga

Apr 10, 2011
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon & Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dump them & move on. It happens. HH Doug

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Garbage In, Garbage Out. The coin was dumped (re-rolled and boxed), and then sent back to the carrier. The carrier didn't bother opening the rolls and machine re-rolling. They just sent them back out. Garbage In, Garbage Out.

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dougbfromnorthga said:
Dump them & move on. It happens. HH Doug
Seams it's happening more and more all the time. ERRRRRRRRR :BangHead:

$nack-Money

Jul 16, 2011
You ordered a box of halves, you received a box of halves. What did the coin carrier do wrong?

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
$nack-Money said:
You ordered a box of halves, you received a box of halves. What did the coin carrier do wrong?

For one, they didn't verify the count. If every roll is short one coin, then the rolls stack evenly and the receiving bank will just count the double stacked 5x5. The box will be sent back as $500, but in reality it is short.

$nack-Money

Jul 16, 2011
Diver_Down said:
$nack-Money said:

For one, they didn't verify the count. If every roll is short one coin, then the rolls stack evenly and the receiving bank will just count the double stacked 5x5. The box will be sent back as $500, but in reality it is short.

How do you know they didn't verify the count? Do you think they could have verified it by weight? Devil's Advocate being played by me for sure, but you can't place blame on the coin processor for not providing an ideal box to crh with... that's not their job. The OP never mentioned anything about being shorted either.

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brinks are lazy. Sometimes they just get a new box and put the dumped rolls in. Once happened to me 4 out of 10 boxes. No, they didn't search your boxes. Relax!

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Did you go through the boxes? Did you find anything? How do you know the halves were rerolled? Were the edges folded down, or were the rolls loose on one end? I and others here have experienced just what you did, and it turned out that the rolls were not sealed correctly. I have found silver in rolls that I would have sworn were gone through.

That being said, I noticed last week that two of my boxes were not sealed. Wasn't happy about it, but I wasn't shorted, and I did find some 40%'s. I understand your frustration, but give us the results, and more information.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No big deal dump and order 10 more!!!!! :thumbsup:

cbrtriple8

Aug 11, 2011
jay741jay said:

Pissed off? If so, I do advice you move on and go metal detecting. That's part of the game, you win some , you lose some. How can you sure those boxes were not the teller 's dump? or they could be another CRH'ers dump( I know you know the teller VERY well, but that does not mean that he/she won't lie to you. I know I'd do anything for Ag, lol.... :tongue3:)Perhaps it was someone @ the Brink's sorting facility being lazy? Since all the "search" rolls were in the original brinks wrappers/box, the person just say screw it and load them back to the truck.
I just can't believe that you'd think the carrier actually searched your boxes.. :laughing9: ha, do you really think they really have the time, and post up in a parking lot, roll hunt all the boxes they have in the amour truck?? :icon_scratch:
If I were you, I'd order couple more boxes from the same bank, and if the same thing happens again, just move on. They are plenty of bank out there that actually do not mind ordering boxes, go do your home work.
Good luck on your future boxes Grasshopper :whip2:
:headbang: :headbang:

ps : 9 out of 37 of my last week boxes happened to have NO tape on the box at all,and they are from brinks.( I think Brinks' either ran out of tape, or cutting cost, or perhaps the person forget to put tape on those boxes?) Skunked out 3 boxes , and scored 12 keepers in other 6 boxes that without tape.

skelly9131

Jan 12, 2010
I've had this happen to me with sealed boxes before. The carrier is just receiving the coin this way and are too lazy to run them through the machine, so they just rebox them as is. Quite honestly, all the carrier has to do to fulfill their obligation to the ordering bank is to provide the coin they ordered. Why should they or the bank care how the coin is packaged or wrapped as long as they are getting the correct dollar amount. It's not like the banks or carriers are watching out for us CRH'ers to make sure we get freshly wrapped coin to search. Just dump them, move on and hope for newly wrapped coin next time.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had some sealed boxes as well where one end of the brinks rolls look like they might be re-rolls, however I have found silver in these rolls, bright shiny ones, not dull or corroded, so I have a feeling that its not been searched and hand rolled.

My theory is that when they are chucking the boxes around the MWR edges can get compressed and appear to be re-rolled.

However, I wouldn't doubt that they do the garbage in , garbage out as well if they get re-rolled boxes dumped.

Bigheed

OP
OP
J

jay741jay

Greenie
Feb 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok hopefully i answer all the questions. first the tellers did not go through the boxes. they have actually saved me cwr before that had silver in them. So thats how they got them. I knew as soon as i saw them they had been gone through. they are brinks boxes witch is weird because the bank is supplied by lommis and have always gotten lommis boxes. The boxes did have the paper tape that had clearly been cut and the rolls had been gone through. they were machine rolled on one end but not on the other side they where put back in by hand and had been wrapped up.

I just noticed the pics that former teller put up and they did not look like that they were customer wrapped. Also in one box half the wrappers were brinks and other half strings. I quickly went through most of them last night but went though all of them again tonight. As expected no silver. i counted ten rolls two was short by 1 so ill find out how short it really is when i dump them monday. I know you get good boxes and bad and i have gotten both. i started crh when i was 18 and did it for a while then took a little break and started back up 6 months ago and i have never gotton boxes that were opened before. i know its not there job to keep me happy with boxes but im guessing they wouldnt like it if all the boxes they got were all ready opened?

im hopeing this was a one time thing and ill be back to normal next week. For me its hard to find banks that will order halfs and they will give me other types of coin so i dont want to loose them. im not making that big of deal about it and im not mad at the bank at all i know its not there fault.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
jay741jay said:
Also in one box half the wrappers were brinks and other half strings...

i counted ten rolls two was short by 1 so ill find out how short it really is when i dump them monday....

im not making that big of deal about it and im not mad at the bank at all i know its not there fault.

Yeah, it sure sounds like you got dumps that someone brought back. You sure these were delivered by Loomis, rather than being boxes returned directly to the bank? Either way, I'd at least tell the bank, even if you don't make an issue of it. If they're getting them from Loomis that way, it's highly unprofessional, and they should be made aware that their customer's are getting shorted. The bank should straighten it out with Loomis, and you shouldn't have that problem again, but you have to take action in the first place.

OP
OP
J

jay741jay

Greenie
Feb 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes they said thats how they came. So i talked to my favorite teller and asked if there was anything they could do she sadi not really they dont have any say they just get what they get. so i walk out back to car think for a minute then go back in again lol. i talk to her again she says pretty much same thing but will see if the teller who orders the coin can call the company so i say thanks and leave. im not mad at the bank i know its not them. So i go there on thursdays so ill see what happens then hopfully it was a one time thing. I agree with what you or someone else said that lommis could of gotten them from somewhere else and dont bother doing it them selves and just hand it off again but they shouldnt be able to do that. i bet the bank wouldnt like it if all there change was already open when they get it. i see it as a kind of security and trust to get boxes that are sealed up from carrier to bank so you know there is no tampering

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread