carrier going through boxes

jay741jay

Greenie
Feb 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi today i went to my two banks to pick up my halfs first bank went fine but there was a problem at the second bank they bring out 2 boxes that i think are brinks boxes (they are supplied by lommis) the ones half the halfs are on top of each other. As soon as i saw it i noticed the seal was broken. i go out to the car and open the boxes to find that they have all been gone through and re rolled. so i was very upset not at the bank but the carrier. i know for a fact the bank didnt go through them i know them very well and have been going there a while and they were also not brought in by a customer they came off the truck. So i go in and talk to my favorite teller and she says there is not much they can do they just get the boxes no say in it.

So i go back to the car but was so pissed off i go back in and talk to her again. I was very nice to her, and the bank treats me very well. So i talk to her again and she pretty much said the same thing but said she would tell the person who orders the coin to see if she can call the carrier about this. im pretty sure thats what she said. The bank also gets lommis wrapped coin boxes then they get strings then bank to lommis i also get dimes. I think what happened to the halfs is unacceptable the bank would not accept there own coins in they were opened and re wrapped again im guessing. I read on here a little while ago that this happened to someone else but im not sure who? Does any one have any ideas on what i should do? Again the bank did not go through them they came off the truck this way and as expected there was no silver. I am 20 and have been crh for a while before then took a break and strated back up again 6 months ago and this has never happened before. any help is appreciated thanks

Upvote 0

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
yeah, the issue the bank should have is that their courier is delivering boxes that are short. Technically, they're selling you a $500 box of coin that has less than $500 in it. I would think that would be a huge issue between the bank and their armored car company. That being said, it may cause more trouble than it's worth to make an issue of it.

I would definitely open the next boxes I picked up there, and let them see it. If it looks like someone's dumps, maybe pick out a few rolls that look short, and count them out there. Again, might not do any good, but at least let them know there's an issue. And of course, let them know that you don't hold it against the bank.

Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions