Carrier out of inventory?

lovewiibrew

Mar 18, 2011
Eastern US
So yesterday I went to a bank to pick up a box of halves. I was told by the head teller that the coin carrier said it was out of physical boxes so my halves came loose in a bag. (Not too happy about it as I always just reroll the halves in the machine wrap). But I thought ok I can understand that. Well, today a different branch of the same bank said the carrier claimed to be completely out of halves and would have some next week. It seems the carrier is giving two different stories but even stranger is the fact that I've only ordered 6 total a week for 3 weeks from 3 different branches. Have I already plowed through their inventory? It's pretty disheartening considering I've had 3 super good boxes from them, and it appears I've already gone through their "old pallet" of halves. I do know the bank had just switched carriers right before I started ordering with them. I guess the carrier wasn't prepared for a CRH. My guess is the halves will be ordered from the fed as opposed to people bringing them in at various banks, so I guess we'll see if Uncle Sam has been holding out on any silver.

Upvote 0

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
keep in mind the carrier services more than just the banks you visit and I would make a wager in the "district" there are plenty of other hunters besides yourself. It is entirely possible that they were depleted and the bag of halves you got were the ones that hadnt been wrapped yet maybe?

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The halves probably will come from a neighboring dirctrict - not the fed. However, this can be a good thing. Every single time my boxes are stamped with a "different than normal" source code, they are better than what I usually get. If they do come from the fed, they're likely to be all new. Occasionally I have heard of CRHers getting boxes of all 1996, 2000 etc. Good luck!

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
Here is my opinion about your bag of "loose" coin. First of all, I used to pick up from a credit union and the first couple boxes of halves I ordered were wrapped up in the box like brinks or loomis, but by the second week of ordering from them, I went to pick up my 2 boxes, and they are in a coin lock bag, loose. the head teller says, "they called us and asked us if it was ok that they just brought them loose instead of wrapping them".... I didnt mind, as the first few bags yielded silver. But, then after a 10 bag skunk streak, I gave it a break from them, and havent ordered since. It is about time though i guess.

So in my opinion, there is a good chance that either the carrier doesnt wanna spend the money to wrap them, or maybe it is possible that the fee for wrapping and rolling falls on your pick up bank, so they order them loose to save money... I think there is a good chance that it is one of these two possibilities.

Good luck, happy hunting.

Chris.

Stang1968

Dec 14, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the time of the year that they run out- a lot of people gift halves out.

db23

Mar 18, 2011
I've gotten this before. It lasted 4-5 weeks and hasn't happened again since.

OP
OP
lovewiibrew

lovewiibrew

Mar 18, 2011
Eastern US
Thanks everyone for your insight. I agree that it most likely will come from another district but again, I was getting some great boxes so I'm worried I may lose these silver veins. I can only hope they get them from the New York district and get some of CardsNCoins finds. :) Either way, I'll just have to see.

Also 3rd bank called me and said they only brought me one box instead of two. Said they ran out so it does seem as if they are depleted. I can only hope this last one is as good as some others I've had.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread