Carter for President Cane, Blackthorn cane and plant stand?

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20140729_144602[1].jpg 20140729_144610[1].jpg 20140729_144625[1].jpg

This was a trip to the Goodwill. The Carter for President cane was $5. The others were $3 each. From my quick ebay searches it looks like the one is Blackthorn wood. It looks really nice. I guess the other is bamboo. I left a few other nice wood ones. I haven't really looked up the value but I think I did alright. But sometimes I pick up the cheap ones and leave the expensive ones. Its hard to know sometimes. First time I've bought any canes.

The photos don't show too well but the other wooden thing I believe is a very old plant stand. It was .99 but its all one solid block of wood. Those legs are not screwed or glued on. It was sawed out like that. Someone was very patient. So I figured that was probably made well before my lifetime. I doubt its worth much but I hated to pass up such an obviously old item.

I don't share a lot of finds here so I thought I would.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the blackthorne wood cane. I should be using one, but mine stays in the trunk of my car.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice thrift store finds! :thumbsup:Your like me. I would have bought that unknown piece of wood too, just because of the way it was made and the age of it. It appears one of the "legs" is shorter than the others? I'm not convinced it's a plant stand but whatever it is I like it. I like the canes too. If I come across unique looking ones, I buy them if they are $5 or less. I have a few Blackthorn's myself. It's too bad the presidential cane had to be for Carter, of all presidents. He's not too popular when it comes to collectibles but it's still a cool piece and well worth the $5 you paid for it. jimmy carter cane | eBay
Here's some of mine-

DSC08442.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread