diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your right there isn't much info available online about the company. Based on the bottles listed here- C PAINTED LABEL BOTTLES PAGE 1 I can find that they were in business for at least 20 years from '52-'72. So perhaps we can at least date your bottle correctly but we need more info on bottle; size, color of glass, description of label, is it a painted label, other markings on the base of the bottle.

OP
OP
G

goldenrod

Greenie
Aug 4, 2010
sw ohio
Detector(s) used
garrett gta350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
green glass 8oz painted label, some people thought it was a mtn dew by the way natural was spelled. Number 786 on bottom with a G in a square.

OP
OP
G

goldenrod

Greenie
Aug 4, 2010
sw ohio
Detector(s) used
garrett gta350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
on th label it has a meteor streaking across it that says hits the spot and a pair of dice.

OP
OP
G

goldenrod

Greenie
Aug 4, 2010
sw ohio
Detector(s) used
garrett gta350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the only difference is the natural in the banner is repeated where the crossed ones are on this one. but other than that its the same. great job much appreciated for the help. now just to figuer out if it has any value.

SODABOTTLEBOB

Silver Member
Sep 20, 2009
Southern California
GR ~

Your bottle was made by The Glenshaw Glass Company. Their date code is a small letter on the lip of the bottle, which you will likely need a magnifying glass to see and read. Compare the number to the attached list and you will have the date it was made. And please don't give up if you can't find the iddy-biddy number at first glance. It will suprise you how small it is once you do find it.

Good Luck.

SBB

(Click to enlarge)

Glenshaw Glass Codes.jpg

SODABOTTLEBOB

Silver Member
Sep 20, 2009
Southern California
PS for diggumup ~

Please, please do not take this the wrong way, but unless you know or have Chris Weide's permission to use his image, and he finds out about it, he might have something to say about it. Chris is very protective about his images being used and is the reason he copyrighted them. I've even known of individuals (myself included) who have cropped out the copyright part and he still has a way to determine that it's one of his bottles. Perhaps this seems like no big deal between the two of us, but its a big deal to Chris.

Respectfully,

SBB

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PS for diggumup ~

Please, please do not take this the wrong way, but unless you know or have Chris Weide's permission to use his image, and he finds out about it, he might have something to say about it. Chris is very protective about his images being used and is the reason he copyrighted them. I've even known of individuals (myself included) who have cropped out the copyright part and he still has a way to determine that it's one of his bottles. Perhaps this seems like no big deal between the two of us, but its a big deal to Chris.

Respectfully,

SBB

:icon_thumleft: No problem, it served it's purpose, I removed it. I guess some people are like that, anal and all. I removed it before he sees it and starts whining. Takes all kinds I guess... Thanks for the heads up.

SODABOTTLEBOB

Silver Member
Sep 20, 2009
Southern California
dig ~ I hear ya :icon_scratch:

gn ~

I just remembered if your Glenshaw bottle is later than 1958 that it likely won't have the code on the lip. But if 1958 or earlier it will. Please let us know what you come up with.

SBB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread