Carved Bullet, Scabbard Tip, Bullets, Balls, & I Made a Boo Boo..

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We had a fall like weather pattern this week so I just had to get out after having an expensive and unenjoyable root canal on Monday. Honorary member of the Tennessee Trio Tenn. Digger had told me about some property where he had dug relics many years before. I spent 3 hours there scouting on Tuesday morning but just dug one dropped & whittled on .58.
Yesterday morning, I scouted a yard near the Tuesday site but the soil had been disturbed there. I moved to an area where the Trio & Tenn. Digger had hunted before and dug 3 bullets in about 45 minutes. This morning, I returned there and dug the back from an eagle button, another 61 cal. round ball used in the British carbine or pistol, scabbard tip, two .58s, and the carved chess piece shown in the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] pic.
The last pic shows what happens when digging in very hard ground as I made a boo boo and nearly cut the .58 in half. That makes me sick.
Note to F75 users who had their machines enhanced: The Trio & Tenn. Digger hunted the exact area extensively a couple of years ago precisely where I dug the relics this am because we were digging campfire lead and good relics in that area. I know I had walked over that area many times and was surprised what we had missed and the soil was very dry there today. The relics were only 5-7 in. deep. No video this time but we will be back in action soon. HH, Q.

Attachments

• DSCN1678.JPG
    DSCN1678.JPG
    686.4 KB · Views: 150
  • DSCN1679.JPG
    DSCN1679.JPG
    300.5 KB · Views: 132
  • DSCN1681.JPG
    DSCN1681.JPG
    326.3 KB · Views: 124
Upvote 13

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice Hunt! Great Finds! Congratz!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a very good hunt to me Mr. Q. I think you're saying you are happy with the upgrade on your F75? I just bought one of the new ones ( already is upgraded ), and I have to say the amount of your relics you post every year helped make the decision for me.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I sure hope that Fisher offers F75 upgrades again at some point!

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job. I absolutely love carved lead. It is some of my best finds. Looks like a great hunt. Sorry about the bullet but it happens to the best of us.

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice saves there Quindy! I was out myself for a couple hours this morning. Nothing special in the metal category, but right before I left, I stumbled upon a trash pit at this colonial site and found this right on top of the pit. Hope you have a great season and I'm looking forward to seeing some new videos!

bottle top mt airy.jpg

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice saves there Quindy! I was out myself for a couple hours this morning. Nothing special in the metal category, but right before I left, I stumbled upon a trash pit at this colonial site and found this right on top of the pit. Hope you have a great season and I'm looking forward to seeing some new videos!

View attachment 1212310
Thanks Richard & I enjoyed your well written article in the Oct. issue of W & E Treasures Magazine. Good luck to you this fall my friend & HH. Q.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quindy, at least your boo boo was on fired 3 ringer, not a confederate button! I noticed this summer that my upgraded F75 seemed to work pretty good in dry soil, maybe even better than in wet soil. But I have also noticed that it doesn't discriminate as good on iron as it used to.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Richard & I enjoyed your well written article in the Oct. issue of W & E Treasures Magazine. Good luck to you this fall my friend & HH. Q.

Watch for the December issue. The piece that I wrote for that issue is one of the most enjoyable I've ever written. You'll understand why when you see it.

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
You did a magnificent job. I am so impressed with your skills with a metal detector. Is there any way you could find the time to mentor me on how to use a detector. I have just been told of a place in Triune that may have some relics or beer.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great saves Q! Don't fret the .58. Just tell people that it had been knocked out of the air by General Lee's sabre! :)

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
I would have never believed that there was another bullet still there! I'm impressed. I guess that it's true that you never get it all. Oh, and I think that DMan is drunk.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
1266 YOU GOT SOME NEAT FINDS .

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like a very good hunt to me Mr. Q. I think you're saying you are happy with the upgrade on your F75? I just bought one of the new ones ( already is upgraded ), and I have to say the amount of your relics you post every year helped make the decision for me.
You won't regret buying it OD. That soil was hard as a rock today. BTW, that Predator Piranha shovel has no mercy on bullets-LOL. Thanks & HH, Q.

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice carved-on! Looks like somebody was digging' HARD when they discovered that .58! Well done. I never get out of central Virginia, but I'm heading out near the valley next week. Hope I can figure out how to do this thing in mineralized soil.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Quindy, at least your boo boo was on fired 3 ringer, not a confederate button! I noticed this summer that my upgraded F75 seemed to work pretty good in dry soil, maybe even better than in wet soil. But I have also noticed that it doesn't discriminate as good on iron as it used to.
Thanks Steve. Mine does separate signals better than it did and it's much quieter. It took a while to get used to the low iron numbers on the display compared to my unenhanced F75. HH Bud & I look forward to your future posts, Q.

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great hunt Q! You know I LOVE the carved bullets. Way to go on the beginning of your hunting season!

:)
Breezie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread