carved bullet?

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Back to the civil war encampment north of Atlanta today. Found this carved lead bullet. I guess it is either a pendant or a fishing weight.

longer than a miniball but I guess they could have hammered it longer and carved it.

Any ideas? carvedbulletsmall.jpg

Upvote 5

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does look like a fishing weight but no telling what it started as. If it wasn't cast in this shape

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool relic, is it made of lead?:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
pulltabfelix

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Back to the civil war encampment north of Atlanta today. Found this carved lead bullet. I guess it is either a pendant or a fishing weight.

longer than a miniball but I guess they could have hammered it longer and carved it.

Any ideas? View attachment 1804469

It is not cast, and carving marks are very plain. And yes it is made of lead. Found it at the top of a hill with a nice big rock. When I was hunting near that area, I thought to myself, hmmm, that would be a good place to sit if I were a bored soldier. And right at the base of the rock I got a great signal on my 800. Up came that lead piece.

how much cleaning should I do. I just thought water and toothbrush and that would be all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread