DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out Saturday and Sunday for a couple spells. Saturday I did a little scouting on some new territory in the woods. Didn't find anything old but found a nice buck knife and a lighter. The knife is kind of nice, can get some use out of it next deer season. Its funny how stuff can tell a story some times. First I found A shiny brass shell casing, then the lighter, then came the knife. I take it who ever lost it shot a deer, smoked a cigarette, gutted the deer and must have been so excited left his lighter and knife behind:laughing7: They where all just under the leaf's so I am sure they where lost last deer season. Yesterday I went to one of my old place's. Found a widdled on 3 ringer with a spoke base,Indian cent, some shot bullets and a few odds and ends.-- HH out there--Gl 025.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 023.JPG 003.JPG 016.JPG 017.JPG 014.JPG

Upvote 5

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you got out Bud!! Nice carved bullet!! I've had to go back to the site of the kill and get my knife before. It only happens when you're miles from the truck.

HH, Relic Nut

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Always loved anything carved! Really nice!

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you got out Bud!! Nice carved bullet!! I've had to go back to the site of the kill and get my knife before. It only happens when you're miles from the truck.

HH, Relic Nut
Thanks Joe, It felt good to get back out swinging. Whoever left the knife behind probably never would have found it unless had a metal detector himself because it was buried under leaves. There are a few tree stands in the area but none were near the knife that I know of. Would have left it at a stand for them if there was. Just one of those cases of finders keepers I guess, lol.

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good saves DI2!! We don't dig many swaged bullets here. WTG, Q.
I don't find many round here either. They do pop up occasionally. Way more then the star bases. The U.S. bases seem scarce. Only found three in all these years, but all were fired.

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always loved anything carved! Really nice!
Me too man. one of my favorite relics too find and collect. A lot of personal connection to the soldier of the period. Right up there with period knives in my opinion. Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread