Detector(s) used
Garret 250, Garret pro pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You go from this

Looks and feels like a handle to tool or blade maybe. "NOT SURE"

To saying this

"I know what you said and the archeologist and I disagree"

You and this archeologist you mentioned seemed to have already an opinion before you even posted this rock. Why ask from anyone here. Your only gonna get opinions that won't line up with what you believe. As you stated in the beginning you were not sure what it is. So let me explain what asking for what means. You'll be getting a lot of options from those who see just a rock and I happen to be one of them.
I was told the first rock was portable rock art not a tool handle or blade handle. I assumed wrongly you all would see what he did but agree its more like a handle then portable rock art. To you it's just a rock and that's ok and I understand.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
portable rock art is not a real thing. It is a scam used to charge people money for appraising and selling regular rocks that mother nature made look weird. You seem to have fallen into this trap, but people here that are responding to you have years and years of finding actual unmistakable artifacts. They are trying to help you here.

OP
OP
Eyefind

Eyefind

Jul 11, 2021
Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good eye and good luck, Eyefind! Although I doubt you’ll hook many believers on Tnet. Might want to check out this website, https://www.rockartmuseum.com/

portable rock art is not a real thing. It is a scam used to charge people money for appraising and selling regular rocks that mother nature made look weird. You seem to have fallen into this trap, but people here that are responding to you have years and years of finding actual unmistakable artifacts. They are trying to help you here.
I understand scams and I get that. I personally don't believe natives didn't have such things though. As an artist personally and not having paper and penciI would carve on any canvas I could find. If I would do it then they most certainly did. Def. people trying to make a buck and scam though and fake anything. Keep an eye out on that!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tpmetal is correct, potable art is a scam. People are trying to help but it is hard to help sometimes when they resist it. There is well over 2,500 years of Indian artifact collecting experience here.

Good eye and good luck, Eyefind! Although I doubt you’ll hook many believers on Tnet. Might want to check out this website, https://www.rockartmuseum.com/

Cloudkicker0 that website is a scam, it is made up of a bunch of natural rocks and pareidolia. There are websites for people that believe the earth is flat but that doesn't mean the earth is flat just because there is a website on flat earth.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Archeologist this and archeologist that, How about it just being a petrified turd that some dinosaur deposited many years ago just waiting for that stream to take it to you. That conclusion could have some merit like other conclusions above. It is still an interesting piece.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand scams and I get that. I personally don't believe natives didn't have such things though. As an artist personally and not having paper and penciI would carve on any canvas I could find. If I would do it then they most certainly did. Def. people trying to make a buck and scam though and fake anything. Keep an eye out on that!
Yes and the things they did make were unmistakable as well. Very well carved with obvious signs of being carved even when worn. They did not carve or paint things that were vague like this. and even if they did there would be obvious tool marks, even when water worn. If something is so water worn there are is no tooling left then it doesn't matter even if it was at one point a beautiful carved object. As any evidence of the making of that object is long gone. This idea that natives and early humans in the past few thousand years were "primitive minds" carving smiley faces on rocks is absurd. They were intelligent very skilled individuals.

OP
OP
Eyefind

Eyefind

Jul 11, 2021
Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tpmetal is correct, potable art is a scam. people are trying to help but you can't help someone who does not want to learn.

Cloudkicker0 that website is a scam, it is made up of a bunch of natural rocks and pareidolia.
I agree. Help is what you all are trying to do. I'm also trying to help and give you better pictures. So maybe we should wait for those. Angle and light greatly effect what's on the stone.

OP
OP
Eyefind

Eyefind

Jul 11, 2021
Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes and the things they did make were unmistakable as well. Very well carved with obvious signs of being carved even when worn. They did not carve or paint things that were vague like this. and even if they did there would be obvious tool marks, even when water worn. If something is so water worn there are is no tooling left then it doesn't matter even if it was at one point a beautiful carved object. As any evidence of the making of that object is long gone. This idea that natives and early humans in the past few thousand years were "primitive minds" carving smiley faces on rocks is absurd. They were intelligent very skilled individuals.
There's no smiley faces that I see and didn't imply there was. In fact it's a very detailed man wearing a snake helmet. In fact they all are very detailed.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. Help is what you all are trying to do. I'm also trying to help and give you better pictures. So maybe we should wait for those. Angle and light greatly effect what's on the stone.
Angle and light will not change anything, blow the pictures up, I have blown them up 10x, and there are no signs of it ever being touched by man, no grinding, flaking no signs of being worked by anyone but mother nature.

OP
OP
Eyefind

Eyefind

Jul 11, 2021
Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's no smiley faces that I see and didn't imply there was. In fact it's a very detailed man wearing a snake helmet. In fact they all are very detailed.
I think I got some lighting and angles wrong and am working on it. The etchings wouldn't be clear if they were filled in which they were. Only slightly darker then the rest of the stone.

OP
OP
Eyefind

Eyefind

Jul 11, 2021
Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Angle and light will not change anything, blow the pictures up, I have blown them up 10x, and there are no signs of it ever being touched by man, no grinding, flaking no signs of being worked by anyone but mother nature.

OP
OP
Eyefind

Eyefind

Jul 11, 2021
Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I disagree with that opinion and maybe agreeing to disagree is where we will leave it. Anyone else that wants to look can but you don't have to.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here is a carved rock. It is carved out of soft Florida limestone. My Fossil Buddy found it in a collection he bought from an old widows husband's finds she sold him. I'm not sure what it is, maybe a Mammoth skull or something. He glued the broken tusk back on. Not just a rock.
20220825_172031.jpg
20220825_172014.jpg
20220825_172041.jpg

CloudKicker0

Jul 16, 2022
Tpmetal is correct, potable art is a scam. People are trying to help but it is hard to help sometimes when they resist it. There are well over 2,500 years of Indian artifact collecting experience here.

Cloudkicker0 that website is a scam, it is made up of a bunch of natural rocks and pareidolia. There are websites for people that believe the earth is flat but that doesn't mean the earth is flat just because there is a website on flat
Looks and feels like a handle to tool or blade maybe. Not sure.
Here’s an example of a water carved rock…

Attachments

• FFB67126-E8F3-488F-9B02-0939A9058C1D.jpeg
    FFB67126-E8F3-488F-9B02-0939A9058C1D.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 26
  • 22B250E9-4172-487F-A886-AE54D3C36B1E.jpeg
    22B250E9-4172-487F-A886-AE54D3C36B1E.jpeg
    717.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
OP
OP
Eyefind

Eyefind