VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I promised Josh a hunt at the picket post site since Doug already had a good start on a box of relics from the site from our hunt last week. Fortunately, Josh finally had a weekend off. The rain was predicted to end by 2 pm so we decided meet at 3 pm for a rare afternoon hunt. The weather forecast was wrong because the rain began once more as we arrived with a north wind and 46 degrees. We donned our hoodies and hit the field. We had a 3 hr. 40 minute hunt as dark came early due to cloud cover. My best find was a carved tooth. Josh dug a brass epaulet key and a ball button. We dig few ball buttons here. We both dug several bullets. I had one eagle button disintegrate in my hand and was left with only the back. Josh dug a few coat size eagles and only one was in decent shape. Josh loves digging knapsack hooks and I had the audacity to dig two on our hunt-LOL. Our relic hunting will be over soon so we’re getting ‘em while we can. HH from Josh & Quindy.

Attachments

• J & Q 3-29.JPG
    J & Q 3-29.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 246
  • 3-29 w Josh.JPG
    3-29 w Josh.JPG
    500.4 KB · Views: 251
  • Josh 3-29.JPG
    Josh 3-29.JPG
    982.8 KB · Views: 222
Upvote 13

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good job thanks for the pics and the video. HH

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks JB, Steve in PA, AQUA, mr.b, TY, Breezie, MM, Richqard (Tnmountains, vp, Breezie, Nana, Casper, Donnie (tennessee digger), Joey, voodoo, DV, OD, & Mark. HH, Q.
Those of you waiting on Dman & Josh's book on "How to locate CW sites" may have a long wait as they must first figure out how to find their butts-LOL. Donnie, Dman mnay not be the most interesting hunter in world but he's the most aggravating for sure as you know well.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's good to see the "old guy" letting the "young guy" get in some video time. Do you get any royalties from their book since it seems to only get any advertisement on your posts, Mr. Q? Do you ever have any bad hunts?

Everyone has bad hunts OD. They mostly happen on our scouting trips. Once we locate a site, we generally do OK. Assistance from verteran diggers like Donnie is invaluable and virgin sites like Picket Camp (vs. the picket post we are currently hunting) provide lots of digging opportunities. The F75s have been an important addition to hunting sites previously found. In the early hunting days here (30+ years ago), sites were being found daily (so I've been told). Hunters concentrated on really good signals like plates and brass signals and quickly moved on to orther sites. As to royalties on the "books", all I get ftom Doug & Josh are continual headaches-LOL. HH, Q.

DiggerB

Feb 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker VI
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt. Love the tooth

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice hunt. Love the tooth

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Thanks DB. All members of the Tennessee Trio have been blessed to dig several nice carved bullets in the last few monhs. Thanks for stopping by & HH, Q.

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Them some good finds.....Wonder how the lead tooth worked out for the maker of it?
Have to wonder about stuff like that.............I have only found a few with teeth marks in them.

What part of Northern Middle TN you in? I'm in the general area also.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat find on the "tooth." Keep up the great work, Q!

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Them some good finds.....Wonder how the lead tooth worked out for the maker of it?
Have to wonder about stuff like that.............I have only found a few with teeth marks in them.

What part of Northern Middle TN you in? I'm in the general area also.
He was just fooling around carving something. It was way too big to be used as a replacement. We are east of Gallatin. HH, q.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
[QUOTE=BuckleBoy;3934470]Neat find on the "tooth." Keep up the great work, Q![/QUOTE]

Thanks BB & a BIG CONGRATS to Molly for making the cover of W & E Magazine!! HH, Q.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mighty RELIC :icon_king: 's and now a word about Glenn Cambell's soup , it's mmmmm mmmmmmm good :icon_jokercolor:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread