dg39

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2006
Deep in the swamps of Louisiana..
Detector(s) used
Ace 250--White's 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May have been burnished off the Lincoln side. It would take an expert coin dealer to tell you. It would not be worth a lot, but it would have some value if it is a ligit mint error...I have seen blanks on both sides but not one...If there is a coin dealer in you area take it by and ask him to look at it. If he offfers to buy it , its probably real. Or he may give you an honest anwser.. I have delt with both kinds... ;D

OP
OP
Diggincoinz

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a couple of blanks and they're blank on both sides, this has an image though.

I wouldn't trust any coin dealer unless I knew them personally. I'm just hanging on to it, forever! ;D

Probably can't retire on it yet though. ::)

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Possibly, it is top die filled....never seen anything like it

HH
-GC

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
i did that to 100 pennies, then put them back into circulation..........just kiddin,, very cool..

MikeOregon

Nov 26, 2005
Detector(s) used
White's V3
I got the very same thing this weekend when looking through a bag of cents. Thought it was just someone's idea of a joke and threw it back. Well, actually, it's in a coffee can somewhere around here with about 3000 other zinc cents. So, we can now be certain that there at least two of them out there.

Mike

battlecat

Dec 23, 2004
moosic pa
if the blank area is hollowed out its a magic trick... can you put it on top of a dime and it
hides it?? the object to the trick is you put the dime down with this on top of it
then you put what looks like a box down on top the penny (actually a felt covered magnet) when you remove the box all thats left is a dime.... I used to have that trick :)
neat find

allsmith

Jun 1, 2006
north cental ohio
battlecat said:
if the blank area is hollowed out its a magic trick... can you put it on top of a dime and it
hides it?? the object to the trick is you put the dime down with this on top of it
then you put what looks like a box down on top the penny (actually a felt covered magnet) when you remove the box all thats left is a dime.... I used to have that trick :)
neat find

that sounds like a cool trick battlecat,, but was the penny a fake steel penny for the magnet to pick it up?? maybe fun to make one out of a steel 34 penny ,, and amaze my friends :D :D :D :D

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Great fine!!!!Is there a seam line around coin? if not, more than likely a mint error.

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
battlecat said:
neat find

I used to have one of those too!! Neat magic trick. I wonder if that's still around here somewhere packed away in a box.

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
Yes, that is a mint-made error coin.

It was struck through a late stage capped die. There was a cent that adhered/stuck to the obverse die (hammer die ~ "heads" die) . . . . . then the next several strikes after that coin got struck through it . . . . . it's a good error coin . . . too bad there's not much showing . . . .the earlier stages would have an incused mirror image called "brockage" . . . . those ones are worth more to error coin collectors, especially the very first strike full brockage pieces can sell for several hundred dollars . . . . . this one you found is probably more like about a $20 to $25 error coin. NICE FIND!!

OP
OP
Diggincoinz

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
knapper said: