Cash Register Coin Roll Hunting! Finds so far in 2010!

scrible

Tenderfoot
Feb 21, 2010
Stillwater, OK
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
This is my first post, I have been browsing Treasure Net for a few months and have started collecting currency from work. I found this website in my search for metal detecting information. I still have not purchased a detector but that is a hobby I know I will greatly enjoy in the future.

I am a 21 year old college student, political science major, and work as a bottom of the bucket manager for one of the nation's largest automotive parts retailers. I work about 25 hours a week and handle a ton of cash. I have started searching each and every roll of coins I open, as well as the coin trays whenever I get the chance. If I see something I like, I pull the equal amount out of my pocket or car and swap a dime for a dime, a penny for a penny, etc...

Here are my finds since late December 2009 when I first started this hobby. I think my favorite find so far was the Mercury dime, what a beautiful coin! I have been fighting the urge to begin buying boxed coins at my bank. Hunting coin rolls is addicting.

Here's a quick run down of my finds so far:

3 buffalo's, no date, 1920, and 1936
2 silver war nickels
1 1963 Rosie
1 1935 Merc
1 1941 Washington
1 1967 40% half (with a real nice scratch on the obverse)
1 beautiful (looks uncirculated) 1974 penny
40 wheaties, oldest being a 1910 (no key dates, mostly 40's and 50's)

I have also collected ten crisp two dollar bills that a customer payed with, and a pretty nice 1985 ten dollar. I don't know why though, I just like 'em.

This is addicting! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Cash Register resized.jpg
    Cash Register resized.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 547
Upvote 0

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
You'll enjoy the hobby, plus reading all the postings here.
Good luck and welcome to the site.
rileyboy

RIcoinhunter

Nov 9, 2009
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Nice haul.I worked retail a long time ago and got alot of good coin roll finds that's how I started.Keep checking you never know what you will find!!

OP
OP
scrible

scrible

Tenderfoot
Feb 21, 2010
Stillwater, OK
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I have found some foreign coins as well, but skip over the Canadian coins unless they are silver (no Canadian silver yet!)

I think the coolest was a coin from trinidad in a penny roll. It's slightly smaller than a penny and the same color.

;D

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
be careful your manager doesn't see you doing that. My old manager got mad at me that I was exchanging coins. I wasn't even making the tills off

OP
OP
scrible

scrible

Tenderfoot
Feb 21, 2010
Stillwater, OK
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Detectingfreak said:
be careful your manager doesn't see you doing that. My old manager got mad at me that I was exchanging coins. I wasn't even making the tills off

He knows that I do it and doesn't mind. I usually show him my finds. In fact him and another gentleman I work with were fighting over a 1964 silver Washington last week. I wish I would have found it.

iceman0xh

Dec 22, 2009
I work at a grocery store and score something almost everyday....in the last 2 days I got 36 wheats, 2 silver rosies, and a 1888 indian head in tills.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread