Cast iron truck

Apr 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,
I found this cast iron truck a few weeks back at an estate sale. I've looked around on the net, and I've found several similar trucks, but not this one. It's cast iron, 11 inches long, looks like it was red at one time. I haven't seen a truck with such a long bed. Also, it has a steering wheel, and the original wheels. I don't think it ever had a driver. I don't see a stamp on it anywhere. Is it real? A reproduction? Can anyone tell me about it, and about how much it might be worth?

Thanks! pups and goodwill finds april 2014 031.JPG pups and goodwill finds april 2014 027.JPG pups and goodwill finds april 2014 029.JPG pups and goodwill finds april 2014 028.JPG pups and goodwill finds april 2014 030.JPG pups and goodwill finds april 2014 021.JPG

Attachments

• pups and goodwill finds april 2014 024.JPG
    pups and goodwill finds april 2014 024.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 155

unfound

Apr 15, 2014
Western Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350,
BH Tracker IV,
Garret Pro Pointer,
Lesche Sampson Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
looks vintage to me. some of those older cast iron trucks carry some value. maybe search some vintage toy sites. definately worth looking into.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say its genuine anywhere from $10 to a couple hundred bucks maybe. :icon_scratch: Not to sure so don't take my word for it. :dontknow:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

OP
OP
B
Apr 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank y'all for helping! I've been looking at vintage toy sites, but I haven't found anything that looks like it. I will keep looking.

Molon Labe

Feb 4, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks pretty real to me. The wear doesn't follow a typical repro pattern and the points where the parts meet are very tight which is a good sign. If you look at the newer reproductions, when you see big gaps thats a no no because people try to over-do the vintage look by making it look like it was put together by a 5 year old :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread