Castineman1779

Apr 30, 2013
Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, DFX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well my main focus to hunt my Rev War site was to find relics of course old coppers and some colonial silver will show up. So I am showcasing some of the better finds there.
In the group shot is a 1652 Oak Tree shilling I found while working a beach just below where Col Paul; Revere had his artillery set up on the mainland. It was indeed a great day of finds since within 6 feet od each other I found a 4 pound British cannon ball, American dropped musket ball and this beauty of a coin. It was a sit down moment for the ball and coin.
Post colonial coppers are always a thrill to find but when I found this Vermont copper I had to do a double take as it was to my surprise double struck and probably 1787. Of interest I did find a 1773 1 real lost by the Americans on the Assault on the Heights early in the battle. Plenty of King Geo Scan0390.jpg Scan0083.jpg Scan0392.jpg Scan0086.jpg Scan0096.jpg Scan0239.jpg Scan0205.jpg rge coppers with few readable.

Upvote 5

Enginefitter

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work .

I would wish you Good Luck but you don't need it.

Engine

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't have to guess on what date the Vermont is. There's plenty there to ID the variety and know for sure. It's a great looking coin.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow! You found some very interesting pieces.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mass silver, Spanish silver(including1/5th cut), 2 state coins including a beautiful double strike! Yeah I'd say those are some really nice surprises while hunting for Rev War relics. There's just a certain special feeling that comes along with finding a colonial coin for me. It really makes a hunt. Great stuff Gary

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread