Casting treasure hunters for new series.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you must be a kardashian

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the perfect movie star for you would have to know EVERYTHING there is about treasure hunting ...only one person here fits that bill and that's the spectacular ...tom from ca..he is an expert at EVERYTHING treasure hunting , fabulous treasures are ALL tom knows even ones THOUSANDS of miles away . he has found most treasures you could only dream of and knows what ae real and what are not , kinds like sants knows if your naughty or nice . tom is your man...

OP
OP
NevadaSmith

NevadaSmith

Mar 23, 2018
Knoxville TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa whoa whoa... I wasn't getting notifications and therefore assumed everyone had ignored this post. Thanks for the feedback! I'll read through everyone's posts, separate the jokers from the clowns, and get back with you this week sometime (either here or via PM).

Thanks again!

And, no, I don't want to make another cheesy fake reality TV show. I want this to be a fun adventure that's faithful to the spirit of the hunt.

And I am not a Kardashian!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
....And, no, I don't want to make another cheesy fake reality TV show. I want this to be a fun adventure ....

It's all going to boil down to how you define a "fun adventure". Based on what you say in your O.P., as I italicized and boldened in post #16, it's going to boil down to the very things that you're reading here, that average md'rs find to be "cheesy fake reality shows".

Perhaps not. Perhaps yours is the exception. Check out some youtube videos of guys doing some live digs on nice old silver, colonials, CW stuff, gold rush stuff, etc... And you'll see examples of actual in-situ finds, and the type md'ing that we do. Contrast to ghost-story legend camp-fire story chasers.

mextallion

Jan 13, 2014
porterville calif
Detector(s) used
Spectrum xlt x-terra master huntercx gemini3 sierra madre, v3i, tdi, gti2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My vote is for Tom!! If he is in i will watch it to the end!!

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yes you do Sam...as a matter of fact you must shave and polish your head so you shine for the camera. now get to it...

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
My vote is for Tom!! If he is in i will watch it to the end!!

Nah, one coin at a time, at a boring stage stop or beach storm, is boring. They want Indiana jones thrills. With cliff-hangers, govt. conspiracies, skeletons, tips of ice-berg moments, etc....

The average md'r, when they tune in to the Youtube in-situ-live-dig amateur videos, is paying keen attention to the type signals, the settings on the detector, gets a jolt (ie.: vicariously enjoys) the "reveal", etc... But for the general public, who's not into detecting, then all such stuff is probably boring.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh boy,a new generation of more reality garbage,can't wait to miss it.I'll just post a quote from a line of the song "Won't be fooled again", Meet the new boss same as the old boss",in this case it's, Watch the new garbage,same as the old garbage.Ahhh most fitting isn't it?

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cast me as a genuine 'treasure finder' not 'treasure hunter'. No more of that 'Well we didn't find the Loch Ness Monster this time...' stuff.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
That's the way it's going to be RGINN.If the treasure is found then there's no TV show for the brain dead.Think of it as a hospital.Theres no money in making people healthy.That being the case there's no need for a TV show if treasure is found.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whoa whoa whoa... I wasn't getting notifications and therefore assumed everyone had ignored this post. Thanks for the feedback! I'll read through everyone's posts, separate the jokers from the clowns, and get back with you this week sometime (either here or via PM).

Thanks again!

And, no, I don't want to make another cheesy fake reality TV show. I want this to be a fun adventure that's faithful to the spirit of the hunt.

And I am not a Kardashian!

I didn't call YOU a kardashian, it was the guy who will do anything for money

(BTW I am the clown or joker, whichever one you don't want)

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
SIGNZZ ME UP I NEEDS THE MONEY...

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will think about it if you get bigwavedave and oregonviking to join me.
I assume you are covering all costs and some starting salary. I am semi retiring this summer so can go to make your show great again.
( oh, and I will require a pretty young beer assistant)

I don't need anyone but the pretty beer assistant :P

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
please, only one entry per person

Top Member Reactions