Qball

Jan 18, 2013
northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
nox 800 xp deus, CTX, etrac,T2, gonkulator
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just returned from 5 days in Pima and Cochise Counties in Arizona. Before leaving I researched antiquities laws there and determined that the only safe course was to take nothing but photographs and leave the detector at home. With a local friend as guide we searched the desert floor for what we could see with the naked eye. We really wanted to find some Hohokam sites which might have evidence of painted pottery and the first spot we found turned out to be littered with it. Again all finds were right on top of the ground, no digging and no taking. Hope you enjoy these pictures as much as I do.

Attachments

• IMG_0851.jpeg
    IMG_0851.jpeg
    32 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_0854.jpeg
    IMG_0854.jpeg
    36.4 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_0857.jpeg
    IMG_0857.jpeg
    29.1 KB · Views: 318
Upvote 6

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
interesting. So I assume this is federal land?

OP
OP
Qball

Qball

Jan 18, 2013
northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
nox 800 xp deus, CTX, etrac,T2, gonkulator
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
About 85 percent of Arizona is controlled by the Federal or State governments and after more than a century of pot hunters and fighting over the other 15 percent legal access for the purposes of relic hunting is very difficult for honorable men. Unlike England where you have established a system for registering your finds none exists here. This has not stopped the plunder as I observed evidence of diggers not ten feet from the signs that proclaim the dire penalties for doing so. Arizona is large, empty and wild but how long until justice prevails and when it does it is swift and terrible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread