Catch of the Day!!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My brother and I did some night fishing for striped bass and I caught the lunker! In fact this is the biggest bass I have ever caught. It is 35 inches and weighs 13 pounds, 14 ounces!!! I was able to get 8 thick steaks and two large tail fillets! I am more than pleased...and what a fight!!!

Me and my bass!

Attachments

• bigbass012.jpg
    bigbass012.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 597
  • bigbass010.jpg
    bigbass010.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 595
Your going to need at lot of chips (fryes) for that :D :thumbsup:

Silver Searcher said:

Round one goes to the ceasar salad!

Attachments

• dinner.jpg
    dinner.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 576
romeo-1 said:
Silver Searcher said:

Round one goes to the ceasar salad!
Wish you hadn't posted that :( going to have to raid the fridge now :D

I just ate and now I'm hungry again.

I don't like fish, but that looks nice!

looks like he could put up a fight! what sort of tackle were you using?

shaun7 said:

Just a hook baited with mackeral...heavy weight and cast into the surf.

Nice catch and photos Romeo. The Stripers are really sought after here in Jersey, and when I first moved here in the 70's I did not realize they migrated I guess to spawn up the river to our town (tidal) and I was doing a lot of fishing in that river in the early 70s and usually caught catfish and Pickeral at my spot, but one day I did have hold of a bass on my line that was so big, I could not land him. I was fishing off a RR trestle and it was too big to haul up and my line finally snapped. It was after that incident that I was told, that was no large mouth bass, but a Striper. Since that time I also spotted them while canoeing in that river. I believe the world record for tackle was caught in the surf several years back in Atlantic City.

Don

romeo-1 said:
shaun7 said:

Just a hook baited with mackeral...heavy weight and cast into the surf.
We have them here R1, they are wide ranging in the Uk and take a variety of baits, but fly fishing is becomming very popular for them, they grow to about the 20lb range here :read2:....and no it's not me in the photo :D

Attachments

• sea-bass2.jpg
    sea-bass2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 530
Good striper, romeo-1. I went fishin last week and hooked a pretty good one, and after a long fight I managed to get the hook broke loose from the tree branch. That's been about it for me so far this summer.

I like the fight those big ones give us. Nice pics and a good catch, the meal looks delicious.

:wink: RR

Nice Striper I almost said stripper ,lol. We catch the fresh water ones here on top water or use live shad .
That is a dandy love the way they fight. Looks like a feast for a king !!
TnMountains

ok now I'm hungry .....great pics guys :icon_thumright:

:icon_thumleft: Real nice striper, bigger than my last one. I caught him with a white Mister Twister, tipped with half a Chicken McNugget! They hadn't been biting until then, when I go back, I'm stopping at McD's instead of the bait shop.

We had stripers in Lake Keystone near Tulsa for several years but for some reason they stopped reproducing. I think it was the water level going up and down so much as Keystone is a flood control reservoir. Now they are stocking hybrids but they can't reproduce as they are sterile, so they have to stock them every year. They look a lot like a striper but have broken lines in their stripes and aren't quit as big. But they fight like the devil. They are a mix between the white bass (sand bass) and a striper. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back