Catching up- Finds from the last 2 weekends

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Sorry not been around last couple of weeks but with Bobbie visiting her folks and work being really short handed, I havent had much time. That is no to say that I havent been able to squeeze a few hours in here and there to detect. Actually 3 hours seemed to be my max as we are in the dog days of summer for sure. High heat and high humidity abound.
We left Saturday before last to take Bobbie up to meet here folks. We detected 3 playgrounds along the way. First one produced the .925 heart in the first picture, the 14k ring with stones missing came from the third one that Saturday morning. On the way home Sunday I stopped at a couple of small neighborhood playgrounds. The first one produced lots of clad and 4 pieces of junk jewelry and the second one produced about a buck in clad and the .925 box link chain.
If there was an underlying theme to this past weekend it was clad, clad and more clad. Because I had scheduled a day off last friday to work on the house I was able to detect in the morning. First playground produced
a big pocket full of clad as well as the 10k/cz earring, next produced handful of clad and the last one before calling it a day, gave up the 14k gold post earring. Total for that day was 154 coins for about $7.00
Saturday found me heading south to detect a couple of playgfrounds before it got to hot and though no keepers came to light, I still wrestled 115 coins for $10.80 including my first Washington Dollar. Bobbie typically finds these not me. Sunday was hot even bofore the sun rose but I headed back out for my 3rd and final day of my 3 day weekend. This time I stayed closer to home as I really needed to work more on the house. I actually detected 4 playgrounds that morning as they were small. Did someone say clad, there was plenty more Sunday too. Those 4 little playgrounds produced 207 coins for $13.00. Again no keeper jewelry but 2 wheats and 2 junk rings and 3 junk earrings.
I head back north to pick Bobbie up Saturday afternoon, and will detect 3 different spots along the way. Come next weekend the team will be reunited. Come on September and some cooler weather. Congrats to all
hh
dave

Attachments

• DSCF1857.JPG
    DSCF1857.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 545
  • DSCF1858.JPG
    DSCF1858.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 534
Upvote 0

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
sweeeet finds you 2......... ;D ;D ;D ;D been wondering where you'se was........ ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
It's just too HOT around here! It's even hot at night! :D

You did well!

Congrats on the keepers!

Ridley

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Nice finds Dave. Besides the treasure that coin count is impressive. Stay safe.

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
For such a short amount of time, you sure found the goods. Nice gold and siler! keep it up and keep it coming!

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Some good stuff but I think BDoo has been showing you up lately. ;) Not to worry, I'm sure you guys will be smokin again soon.

Even in you slow times you put the smackdown on my jewelry finds which amount to tiny kids silver rings. :P ::) :D

Bob

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You hit the jackpot this weekend, Dave! 8) Over $30!! :o That's a bunch a change!!!

Congrats on your finds and good luck to you and Bobbie this weekend!! Nana :)

Waiting on September too! :D

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice finds ! that change is sure adding up for you two and jewelry to congrats ;)

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Glad you got out Dave and had some great finds there, congrats!
Say hi to Bobbie for me :-*
Keep diggin, findin, and sharin, good luck!

Smiles!
BDoo

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
it's about that time to replenish the school yard's Dave...Glad you both are still hitting it hard,won't be long!!!!Conrat's and HH!! to you both....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread