heymirth

Aug 19, 2015
Just North of Detroit
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well it happened,

I went to the local bank to get my ordered. BOx of halves and after my transaction, I asked before I leave if anyone had loose halves, the telller next to mine said--- "I have some" and showed a handful of coins and I saw those almost white edges... I said "I'll take all you have" she starts to pick thru them and only hands me $2.50 and I said , I thought you had more and she said 'no' those were not halves'.
Grrrrrrr
She gave me the clad ones and she picked the silver out for herself or a friend.

That's now my new dump bank starting in 2017

M

Upvote 0

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a sack of coal to the WENCH :BangHead::laughing7: my CU ladies got cupcakes today_________________when ya' dump over $272,000 in 3 years ya' gotta' keep 'em fit & strong to lift dem bags :laughing7: my Key Bank hottie got even nicer cupcakes today (she has REALLY nice ------) ________she gives me great boxes :icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems kind of petty to make them a dump bank over something silly like that. It was only a few dollars in silver. What you should have done was asked if she collected silver to. Then proceed to make up a story about how you CRH to collect silver to donate to the make a wish foundation. If she had a heart you would have gotten them after that story.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The occasional teller will spot and grab silver , I'm fine with that - I just don't like seeing silver in a teller tray and being told for whatever reason that I can't buy it ! (why don't they just put it in their drawer ? )

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
LOL you guys are a hoot.. So if you had a job that gave you "first dibs" on good stuff you would give it away to someone else ? Tellers shouldn't be allowed to keep the goodies they find as long as they pay for it ? Too funny. Entitled much ?

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL you guys are a hoot.. So if you had a job that gave you "first dibs" on good stuff you would give it away to someone else ? Tellers shouldn't be allowed to keep the goodies they find as long as they pay for it ? Too funny. Entitled much ?

I think the issue is that the teller showed him a handful of stuff and then told him in so many words, "but it's not for you!"

I wouldn't have even taken the clad. I would've told her nevermind.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems kind of petty to make them a dump bank over something silly like that. It was only a few dollars in silver. What you should have done was asked if she collected silver to. Then proceed to make up a story about how you CRH to collect silver to donate to the make a wish foundation. If she had a heart you would have gotten them after that story.

Yeah! They shouldn't be able to supplement their lower pay with cool things they find while working! You should lie to them about what you do to guilt them into giving you coins!

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011

So it seems kind of petty to make them a dump bank over something silly like that, but it's not petty to come up with some lame lie about collecting silver for sick kids???

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011

This topic has been discussed to death. Provided their bank policy allows it, tellers have every right to hold back coins or bills they want to keep for themselves. However, it is extremely bad form and IMO is unprofessional to keep said coins in their tray. If you're saving something for yourself, either buy it, or at least keep it out of sight.

Teasing the animals often results in getting bitten!

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be thankful for what you get, and don't sweat the small stuff.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
She wasn't about to let you know the owner of the jewelry shop, on the corner, will pay her a buck a piece for the silver ones!

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Perfect Job for a CRH addict....a teller......or a teller's husband, and my wife was a teller back before we had our kids and I would have her scout the drawers.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't mind that the tellers keep the silver for themselves. What I don't like is the way the teller was less then honest with the OP. If she is perfectly in her right, then why lie about it?

foofighters

Nov 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You said you were there to pick up a box of halves they ordered?

I have a harder time finding pickup banks than dump banks. I wouldn't suggest alienating a bank that lets you order coin

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I been getting rolls of quarters for over ten years, and never found silver. After reading that members find silver halves, I be starting to get rolls soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread