Cavalry crossed swords civil war? I

BcuttinPlugs

Mar 6, 2014
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/fisher f2 garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Rarely get out much, but as the season ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476070341.576873.jpg begins to end, I found the hunger. It was mid week and I had this urge, for I know time is running out. I called a friend who is always down for me to dig a little. Now, I havnt found much at his house in the past, but figured what they hey, I'll give it a shot.

Ok ok I'll show ya the pics
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476070353.062207.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476070369.228610.jpg

What I think I know about it is
It's a collar disk pin. I believe it's cavalry from the crossed swords but is the A for army? Is it civil war or wwI?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know most of the time if you need an answer this place is where you need to go.

I know it's a keeper but is it xtra special haha thanks again

Upvote 2

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those were made after 1900, collar tabs especially used during WWI. Excellent find.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Rarely get out much, but as the season View attachment 1368373 begins to end, I found the hunger. It was mid week and I had this urge, for I know time is running out. I called a friend who is always down for me to dig a little. Now, I havnt found much at his house in the past, but figured what they hey, I'll give it a shot.

Ok ok I'll show ya the pics
View attachment 1368374 View attachment 1368375

What I think I know about it is
It's a collar disk pin. I believe it's cavalry from the crossed swords but is the A for army? Is it civil war or wwI?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know most of the time if you need an answer this place is where you need to go.

I know it's a keeper but is it xtra special haha thanks again
The "A" stands for Company A. Great military find.

OP
OP
BcuttinPlugs

BcuttinPlugs

Mar 6, 2014
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/fisher f2 garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice article! I'll have to read it more when I get the time. However at quick glance I believe mine would be a type 3. Not as old as I'd hoped but yeah I agree still a nice military find. At least it helped take the edge off of needing to get out and detect

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread