Cazador Release: Maybe there's a reason Tesoro is Taking Their Time!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm sorry in advance for all the feelings I'm about to hurt but, this is just too good of a real world example of why you don't rush into throwing new machines on the market every other year..

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/white-s/509514-mx-sport-trouble-3.html#post5064749

Oh well, the post I originally copied was deleted. :dontknow: So, here is the gist of my point. Whites is catching hell for throwing a defective product on the shelves, and figuratively "shrugging their shoulders" when asked about it. So do you think RUSHING a machine to market rather than making sure your product is worthy of a LIFETIME warranty is prudent? :skullflag:

Last edited:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
They can't tell the truth. They either bought chinese and put there own labels on or they just got the chinese to do it for them, then ship to American markets. Name of the game is PROFIT.:dontknow:

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
China? Bullpuckie! Whites screwed this up in the State of Oregon - USA. SAD BUT TRUE.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
China? Bullpuckie! Whites screwed this up in the State of Oregon - USA. SAD BUT TRUE.

It's a continuing problem, and getting worse. Made in U.S.A. hasn't been the definition of "quality" for several years now.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
It's a continuing problem, and getting worse. Made in U.S.A. hasn't been the definition of "quality" for several years now.

I'd like to see Mitsubishi's take on a metal detector.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hmmm... Anybody having ANY issues with their Arizona made, Arizona tough, Tesoro detectors?

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other

Hmmm... Anybody having ANY issues with their Arizona made, Arizona tough, Tesoro detectors?

Terry, please don't take what I say out of context. I was speaking in a general term; not an all-encompassing viewpoint. Many items that are made in USA are no longer of the quality they used to be. Why? Because as many of the American items are going down in quality, many of the Chinese-made items are going up in quality. Many, but FAR from all!! Many of the USA manufacturers have been forced to cut corners (cut quality) in an attempt to keep from going out of business. Most manufacturers that can, have already found their contacts in China or elsewhere. But many smaller companies just don't have the means or contacts to do so. So there are many such companies that are actually operating on a shoestring budget just trying to stay in existence.

When things were good in the business world, Tesoro had no problem fixing every single one of their machines at no charge, even if not the original owner. Now they have been forced to enforce their rules more closely. Does that make them a not-so-good company? Quite the contrary. They're still manufacturing in the U.S.A., and still competing. Will this continue? Only time can tell, but I certainly hope so. However, the original company brand that was spoken of in this thread was Whites. And while it seems Whites is still made in Oregon, it seems as though some of their products may no longer be up to par with previous models. That's sad.

I wish ALL American companies well, and I certainly wish (and pray!) that we could end up with a government that will remove some of the burdens it has created, while adding some burdens to foreign-made products. The USA used to be known worldwide for quality. Sadly that is not the case anymore. Let's all hope we can one day soon regain that status.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No problems here !
Gary
Picture 89.jpg

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
Terry,
Do you have any info in fact concerning the Cazador release? Any factual info on the Cazador features and function??
Just wondering what the delay might be. Must be going to be a hotrod machine.
Perhaps deeper than the Vaq or Tej? Hope so! :)

geo

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry, I have nothing. I'm hoping it is a waterproof multi-freq machine myself. :occasion14:

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
maybe it is because the son is incompetent and can't move the business forward without his dad. this cazador and their public relations have become such a joke for those of us who do not worship them and think they can do no wrong. they even stopped their sponsorship on the other forum that they still refer you to on their own website. a forum where any negativity by anyone was soon deleted. so, negative comments were not the reason for that. yeah, what they have out now is decent. but, i would expect nothing from them anytime soon. maybe a coil or another groundbreaking color change that some will get so excited about. i think that is about all they are able to come up with. who cares about the new whites machine anyhow. this is the tesoro forum. so, lets not divert the attention from tesoros recent failure discussing the whites one. no online customer relations, ending forum sponsorship, no facebook page posts in years, no word on the supposed new machine since it was announced years ago. if you believe tesoro is still a vibrant and viable company capable of moving forward. you are off in a fantasy world somewhere. the saying "common sense is not so common" comes to mind. hope they can get it together. but, just dont see it without a major leadership change there. so, Terry. stop trying to pee in our ears and tell us it is raining. now thats some real "real world" thinking...

Last edited:

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe it is because the son is incompetent and can't move the business forward without his dad. this cazador and their public relations have become such a joke for those of us who do not worship them and think they can do no wrong. they even stopped their sponsorship on the other forum that they still refer you to on their own website. a forum where any negativity by anyone was soon deleted. so, negative comments were not the reason for that. yeah, what they have out now is decent. but, i would expect nothing from them anytime soon. maybe a coil or another groundbreaking color change that some will get so excited about. i think that is about all they are able to come up with. who cares about the new whites machine anyhow. this is the tesoro forum. so, lets not divert the attention from tesoros recent failure discussing the whites one. no online customer relations, ending forum sponsorship, no facebook page posts in years, no word on the supposed new machine since it was announced years ago. if you believe tesoro is still a vibrant and viable company capable of moving forward. you are off in a fantasy world somewhere. the saying "common sense is not so common" comes to mind. hope they can get it together. but, just dont see it without a major leadership change there. so, Terry. stop trying to pee in our ears and tell us it is raining. now thats some real "real world" thinking...

Just to let you know, on that other forum, saying anything positive about Tesoro will get you banned now, without warning, and complete threads have been erased.

Maybe you would be happier there now where trashing Tesoro is the norm?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just to let you know, on that other forum, saying anything positive about Tesoro will get you banned now, without warning, and complete threads have been erased.

Maybe you would be happier there now where trashing Tesoro is the norm?

not trashing tesoro. just saying what needs to be said about the reality of what most people think and do not say. i know this is the age of not saying that someone has there head up their butts or they are a screw up and a failure. we have to coddle them, give a hug, tell them they are fine and doing a good job when their not. all because we dont want to hurt their poor feelings. thats the problem with a lot of things these days. the kid there running tesoro is a failure and that is obvious. everything from social media to producing the new machine. its a metal detector, not a cure for cancer. come on.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, glad you didn't trash Tesoro, jld66. How do you REALLY feel though? :laughing7:

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd love to see a waterproof multi-freq detector too.

An economical waterproof Compadre would fit a lot of my detecting. I enjoy hitting the creeks and streams during dry summer months, and dodging rain during the cooler months.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread