???? CD Teacher????

ffordre4

Mar 30, 2009
Cibolo, TX
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Whites Spectrum V3i, and Explorer SE Pro
I am thinking of buying the CD offered by Kellyco, this is the CD to teach you the sounds heard by the Excallibur II. Does anyone have any experince ith this CD? Is it helpful or just a novelty item to have, I am struggling with the sounds, and digging everything, but from gold to trash "It all sonds the same to me" except foil/chip bags :) Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks to all that have helped answer my questions as I learn this new Hobby.

R Ford

scrubber

Apr 1, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As (I believe) almost any experienced member of this forum will tell you, there is no substitute for spending time getting to know your machine. You will learn to decipher subtleties you don't even hear yet. Perhaps a $30 CD will cut that learning time down some, but you will still need to spend many hours learning a lot more than just how to interpret tones, like how to set preferences for varied conditions and target items.

Top of the line machines have so many performance options you can tweak, it can boggle the mind of a beginner. You don't climb behind the wheel of an Indy car and assume you can race with the best of them -- you practice, practice, practice. I'd say, get to know your MD better before trying to incorporate the subtle stuff.

Remember, I'm saying all this without ever trying an Excalibur, or hearing the CD, so I may get an argument from those who've done both, but I think what I'm saying is generally true. Good luck.

scrubber

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why not make yourself a test garden instead. Plant some coins and junk in your yard at various depths, run your machine over them...again and again and again....you'll get the sounds....and it's free. :icon_thumright:

Al

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
You've already spent a thousand bucks on a machine, why not spend an additional thirty bucks if you think it might help. Also consider headphones with some sort of amplification, oh and a pinpointer, and a coil cover and blue blocker sun glasses oh and make sure your wearing blue or white socks, just to be on the safe side. ::) ;D :D :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions