Cedar Key / Otter Creek Im a goin hunting

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Cedar Key / Otter Creek I'm a 'goin hunting

Hi,

I just rewarded myself for years of hard work, and the fact that we only have a limited amount of time on this big round rock, and bought myself a fancy a$$ new GTI 2500.

I'll be in the Otter Creek / Cedar Key area for a week or so beginning 23 Oct.

Relatives in the area are giving me permission to hunt some private property locations. I've never relic hunted before. I'm a water guy with a PI, so this will be a new learning experience for me. I've read the directions so I'm good to go and find all the treasure everyone else has missed. (humor me... I know it will take time to learn the machine)

If anyone with experience is in the area, come along and hunt with me, understanding I'll be doing a lot of, hey, what's this sound mean, why is that light lit, how come this didn't make noise, what is this thing? (and lots of other questions)

OP
OP
G.I.B.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Cedar Key / Otter Creek I'm a 'goin hunting

Just got here. I'm getting permission to hunt some private property and will start in a day or so. I'll post what I find, and if my first testing of the 2500 is any indication... I'm going to be pretty happy!

OP
OP
G.I.B.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Well then, Otter Creek did not yield much of anything. I found this old gas station, turned bait shop, turned lots of other things over the years. I was hoping for a couple of coins but wow, nothing but junk.

I started in all metal mode and the machine's speakers never got a break. Solid metal under all the grass. I tried to work a discrimination mode, but nothing but junk. Apparently when it was an automotive shop they dropped every nut and bolt and metal piece on the ground. I finally gave up after about a half hour.

Here are just a couple of pieces of trash that was coming up. There was an endless supply.

Attachments

• OC2.jpg
    OC2.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 457
  • OC junk.jpg
    OC junk.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 437

sabre15

Dec 14, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Discovery TF 900

How was Cedar Key, will you go back? How was your new detector, let me know what you thought of it.

Jamie

OP
OP
G.I.B.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

sabre15 said:
How was Cedar Key, will you go back? How was your new detector, let me know what you thought of it.

Jamie

Jamie,

I did an article about Cedar Key on my BLOG- http://www.southerncrosses.com/2008/10/31/cedar-key-visited/

As far as the GTI 2500.... Fantastic, I really like the machine. I'm still learning the sounds, but it works very well.

sabre15

Dec 14, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Discovery TF 900

Your article on Cedar Key was spot on!
I live in Ocala?Gainesville and have been their a few times, property is way overpriced, even if it is on the water. Restaurants nothing to call home about, but, as a treasure hunter......I'll let everyone else figure that out!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread