CEIA CMD metal detector with the GSMD-GPS unit

99thpercentile

Nov 2, 2006
Evergreen, CO
Detector(s) used
Geonics EM61-MK2, Geophex GEM-3, GapEOD UltraTEM III, Minelabs F3, Foerster MINEX 2FD 4.500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a picture of me walking around my yard with a CEIA CMD metal detector with the GSMD-GPS unit attached. This is a military use metal detector where a GPS unit can be integrated. Unfortunately, this isn't really a DGM instrument as I can only download a Google Earth KMZ file that contains position and some data, but not good quality data. Also the GPS unit is probably only accurate to 1 m. The system also only records 1 sample per second, whereas most of my geophysical instruments can record a minimum of 5 samples per second, with most being able to do 15-20 samples per second.

I also have the CEIA Compact Metal Detector (CMD) Counter IED (CIED) metal detector that has an integrated GPS receiver and data logger. I haven't finished making a new data cable to download the data from that one as CEIA makes it difficult. I'm not really impressed with either one so I will probably sell them both this year. It was fun to play with this item for now, but it isn't worth it for what I do. I'm working on making a unit agnostic data logger now that has an integrated GNSS receiver. Ideally I can just connect to it with an iPhone or Android device for viewing.

Let me know if you have any questions about this system or geophysical metal detectors in general.

Attachments

• 2024-02-21 16_46_32.png
    2024-02-21 16_46_32.png
    892.1 KB · Views: 23
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 23

detectorcowboy

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800, & Fisher CZ3D
Here is a picture of me walking around my yard with a CEIA CMD metal detector with the GSMD-GPS unit attached. This is a military use metal detector where a GPS unit can be integrated. Unfortunately, this isn't really a DGM instrument as I can only download a Google Earth KMZ file that contains position and some data, but not good quality data. Also the GPS unit is probably only accurate to 1 m. The system also only records 1 sample per second, whereas most of my geophysical instruments can record a minimum of 5 samples per second, with most being able to do 15-20 samples per second.

I also have the CEIA Compact Metal Detector (CMD) Counter IED (CIED) metal detector that has an integrated GPS receiver and data logger. I haven't finished making a new data cable to download the data from that one as CEIA makes it difficult. I'm not really impressed with either one so I will probably sell them both this year. It was fun to play with this item for now, but it isn't worth it for what I do. I'm working on making a unit agnostic data logger now that has an integrated GNSS receiver. Ideally I can just connect to it with an iPhone or Android device for viewing.

Let me know if you have any questions about this system or geophysical metal detectors in general.
keep us posted

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the range on target depth and does it detect non ferrous material.

OP
OP
99thpercentile

99thpercentile

Nov 2, 2006
Evergreen, CO
Detector(s) used
Geonics EM61-MK2, Geophex GEM-3, GapEOD UltraTEM III, Minelabs F3, Foerster MINEX 2FD 4.500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the range on target depth and does it detect non ferrous material.
I haven't done any range tests with this unit, but I would expect the maxium depth to be less than a foot for a large target.

It is a metal detector so yes it will detect non-ferrous material. All metal detectors detect non-ferrous material, while a magnetometer can only detect ferrous targets.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please remember per our rules only paying supporting vendors can advertise their business website, and only charter members or supporting vendors can sale or advertise to sell.

OP
OP
99thpercentile

99thpercentile

Nov 2, 2006
Evergreen, CO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Were you commenting about my business listing?

I really don't think I am selling anything that anyone here will be buying. The link is primarily so people can learn about different geophysical methods, how they work, and what results look like.

I don't sell equipment or software that most treasure hunters would be interested in. I primarily provide geophysical consulting services to large engineering firms, oil/gas/mining companies, or government agencies.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Were you commenting about my business listing?

I really don't think I am selling anything that anyone here will be buying. The link is primarily so people can learn about different geophysical methods, how they work, and what results look like.

I don't sell equipment or software that most treasure hunters would be interested in. I primarily provide geophysical consulting services to large engineering firms, oil/gas/mining companies, or government agencies.
Yes sir, your business link was removed, only supporting vendors can have links to their business website.

The selling was based on your comment "I'm not really impressed with either one so I will probably sell them both this year."

OP
OP
99thpercentile

99thpercentile

Nov 2, 2006
Evergreen, CO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes sir, your business link was removed, only supporting vendors can have links to their business website.

The selling was based on your comment "I'm not really impressed with either one so I will probably sell them both this year."
I don't expect to sell them here, I would normally list them on website with other users interested in those type of items at the prices that they cost. The metal detector retails for $10K and the GPS data logger cost $1K.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread