Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cell phone gold &

There are 0.034 grams of gold in each cell phone, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. That's the equivalent of 0.001 troy ounces, worth about $1.82 at today's prices.

There are also 16 grams of copper, worth about 12 cents, 0.35 grams of silver, worth 36 cents, and 0.00034 grams of platinum, valued at 2 cents.

F y i

Upvote 0

JAN2011

Apr 21, 2009
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
White's DFX - MXT - Excalibur II
Re: Cell phone gold &

Was working one of the beaches in front of a hotel here in San Juan this week and a woman, (tourist) approached me with the standard questions, (you know the ones: "Do you find anything of value?" etc.) She then proceeded to tell me about this guy in Virginia where she lives, (she either knew you or saw on the news) who had found a ring from the Virginia Military Institute and then returned it to the owner. Told her I had seen the story and was a long time fan of your videos. Seems your fame is spreading everywhere! By the way belated congratulations on returning the ring - was the right thing to do.

JAN 2011

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for the info on the gold in the cell phones. I wonder if my dump phone has any gold in it.

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Max, where is the gold in the phone? I think some of it is where the battery connects to the phone. Just curious. LOL. HH -Joe

gravediggermax-vabeachva said:
There are 0.034 grams of gold in each cell phone, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. That's the equivalent of 0.001 troy ounces, worth about $1.82 at today's prices.

There are also 16 grams of copper, worth about 12 cents, 0.35 grams of silver, worth 36 cents, and 0.00034 grams of platinum, valued at 2 cents.

F y i

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread