cell phone gold

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
well i whatched several videos on youtube about cell phone gold and done what it said and cut loose and scraped what they said to scrape and got a 2 oz vile full the jewlery store had it smelted here is the assey report what a waste of time should have donated them to local library fro the soldiers to get cell phone minutes to call home

Attachments

• Photo0519.jpg
    Photo0519.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 1,164
OP
OP
olepossum

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
paper was to wide for cell phone lens so i cut it and taped it together the ball of what i got was the size of a peice 00 buck shot

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
? I don't see any gold there....

You sure you didn't watch a video on cell phone copper? Sorry, bad joke

this vid the guy claims to have recovered 5.8 grams of gold from 2 cell phones and 2 sim cards!! What the ... ?!?! if thats the case I'm going cell phone collecting this weekend!

(unfortunately I could not hear what he was saying as I was at work..)

manorman

Dec 8, 2008
he might have got .02 grams from two cell phones, its better to sell the phones at boardsort .com i think they pay 6.00 a lb for cell phones.
Mike

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're better off getting the old computers (use the old ones because they plated them heavily in the beginning). Cut out anything that looks gold on the boards (pins, the huge chip in the center of the board holds the most), then collect this for a bit. I did 8 computers and decided I didn't want to hassle with the dangerous process of smelting the gold off the pins (acids and SO2 gas). Ended up selling my baggie of pins on ebay before the price of gold went up for about $45 bucks.
If you considered the amount of time I put in taking apart 8 computers and getting rid of all the extra stuff, it was a complete waste of time.
But.... I did learn alot about how computers are put together. :headbang:

OP
OP
olepossum

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
just gonna stick to prospecting got a lot of places to hit before the wtaers freeze up and a lot more after spring thaw

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread