Detector(s) used
Gold Pan, Sluice, Hand Dredge, X-Terra 30, X-Terra 705, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
care to elaborate??
Well, generally a pin pointer is used for pretty messy "finish work", meaning that by definition it should be used to preserve and prevent damaging a target by replaceing the initial digging tool in the final stage of extraction.
It is most commonly used as a probe that harmlessly actually makes contact with the target once it's general location has already been determined. The target can then be carefully exposed either by hand, or once more carefully with the extraction tool.

This is the really messy dirty stuff that I wouldn't want to expose any part of an iPhone 6 plus to.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AugustMoose87

AugustMoose87

Sep 10, 2014
Longmont, CO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well there is your problem... :laughing7: I have a Casio G'zOne phone, and a little dirt on it would be the least of what it has seen...

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well there is your problem... :laughing7: I have a Casio G'zOne phone, and a little dirt on it would be the least of what it has seen...
well let me put it this way for you, when I come home after six hours of metal detecting, I look like a mud covered monster that's been dragged through a swamp....
Even dry ground, once it's been excavated is usually wet.
This is generally really messy dirty stuff.....

OP
OP
AugustMoose87

AugustMoose87

Sep 10, 2014
Longmont, CO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So since it is free, I down loaded it and gave it a try... doesn't work all that great, at least with my phone. Didn't pick up small stuff... the only thing it reacted to was my car.. coins, gold ring, silver, lead, railroad spike - no reaction. Thought it was too good to be true....

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
..who knows, maybe in 4 updates with a waterproof case for your core. Could be interesting to see

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found some compass programs actually uses a built in magnetometer and could be used as a detector for certain metals.

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
So since it is free, I down loaded it and gave it a try... doesn't work all that great, at least with my phone. Didn't pick up small stuff... the only thing it reacted to was my car.. coins, gold ring, silver, lead, railroad spike - no reaction. Thought it was too good to be true....

also, no offense, but we don't all have the tremendous luxury of having a really crappy smart phone....:)

Try It on a GE locomotive or a Greyhound bus first, then work your way down to Toyota and Honda products.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AugustMoose87

AugustMoose87

Sep 10, 2014
Longmont, CO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
also, no offense, but we don't all have the tremendous luxury of having a really crappy smart phone....:)

None taken. My "crappy" phone had lasted me more than 3 years (don't see many iPhones doing that), countless drops, over a dozen accidental submersion's (including one where I had to call the phone to get the screen to light up so I could locate it off a dock), and an incedent where I left it on the hood of the car accidentally, made it to the interstate, and then at 70 mpg it broke loose, used the windshield as a ramp and then hit the pavement... I took the next exit, did a loop and found it in 3 pieces - Phone, battery and battery cover. Put them back together and turned it on. Still using it a year later. So yes, my phone may be "crappy" in the sense that it isn't the latest and greatest with all the bells and whistles, but it is tougher and more dependable than any other phone I've heard of.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions