cellar hole help

tonyc10k

Sep 7, 2012
Georgetown ky
Detector(s) used
Minelabs equinox 800, whites classic ID, bounty hunter 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i found 2 old cellar holes today and would like some info about how or whats the best way to hunt them. there was a house that set 40 yards from them from 1806-1890 and somewhere around that time the old rail road that runs through there was transporting military units and they would stop at night at fort garrad. witch is now my uncles farm :) and it has not seen a MD other then the old coin master 6000 he had and he didnt know how to use it. so i think im onto something good. and advise i can get would help.
ill be taking either pics or a live video of my hunt this up coming week when i go

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunt every square inch. The house, cellar holes, road bed, water source, surrounding area and so forth. Low and slow. Can get wire survey flags for little of nothing and will help you grid. If it is really producing you may want to hit it again at a 90 degree from first grid. Amazing what you miss sometimes and can still find by approaching at a different angle. Then hunt it again. Areas with that kind of potential are hard to come by. Best of luck and sure hope you get a banner find out of the area. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
tonyc10k

tonyc10k

Sep 7, 2012
Georgetown ky
Detector(s) used
Minelabs equinox 800, whites classic ID, bounty hunter 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i will keep you all posted and thanks for the advice. i plan to dig EVERYTHING and this might be my last time out for a while due to my soon to be job so i hope i at least break into the 1800s coin wise :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread