MA NH seacoast
Detector(s) used
what ever works

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With any location you just never know what will turn up. One hole I kept passing up because I thought surely someone musta huntered it and one day I checked it out. If someone was there before, they must not of had their detector turned on as I found a few nice silver coins and old wheats. You won't know till you try.

Difficult to detect due to the amount of targets in there. Some pits were also back filled making everything deep. The proper way to work a cellar pit would be to dig it and sift. Have a detector nearby and try the loose soil once in while in case you missed anything sifting.
Good luck!
Dave.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've dug a few and you get basically the same types of items you found around the hole, just not as many. A filled hole is just surrounding dirt that had been pushed in. I have found a couple Rev War buttons and early coppers, a nice glass bottle stopper. Fun to do and someday I'll probably do that as much as detect.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread