Cellar Hole questions????

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have recently discovered a very old cellar hole and hand dug-rocked lined well about 30 feet apart in a small patch of thick woods. This site has the remains of several other homes in a field about 200 yards away. They have been hunted and i have found some cool things there also. The cellar hole is collapsed with a "rock wall" visible only on one side. Looks to have been around 15 feet square. This will be my first cellar hole dig, how do i go about this? There is a dump site beside the hole probably 30-40 years old. This area was settled in the late 1700s, i really beleive there is treasure to be found here....any help would be appreciated. Thanks...

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sift!
Lots of non metal goodies in a place like that.
Pipes,musket flint,clay marbles..ect... also probably alot of metal items even coins that were masked by iron and not detected.
Also detect the ground you have opened up as well..you will probably get new..deeper signals.

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a really nice spot u found im pretty big on relic hunting & have had my Fair share of cellar holes ive never dug them out though so good luck on it

OP
OP
DiggerinVA

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys....i might get started today if it doesnt rain too much. Been raining for two days....anyway, ill keep u posted if i find anything. I have already found a few buttons, a buckle, a bell and several neat old iron objects in the field between this spot and another old home site. But the field has been hit pretty hard over the years. I did manage to dig a horse shoe and a mule shoe and a iron ring near the cellar hole the other day, but there is alot of 1960s trash around the hole. It is also very thick and grown-up around it aswell. I will get some pics of the cellar hole and the old well today. Thanks again....

Relic Girl

Greenie
Oct 12, 2013
Marietta GA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's my 1862 caved in cellar find from earlier this year. I would totally do it again..briars,Mosquitos and rusty nails don't scare me!

Attachments

• image-536723324.jpg
    image-536723324.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 119

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting