Cement Mixer... Recovery?

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always wondered how a cement mixer would stack up to other drywashers / highbankers. I'm sure they dont have the volume capacity as more specific machines but they do seem quite versatile being able to work dry or wet material equally and you can use it as a super concentrator just slow things down and drop the angle till the heavies start separating.. how prone are they to breakdowns? Never used one myself. Seems like it'd be a good tool for a one or maybe two person operation? Anyone here ever try one?

Upvote 0

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know exactly what your train of thought is here, but the answer is in the name...cement mixer. It's design is to mix things up. I know your heavies are very heavy and if you could keep your material liquid enough and turn slowly, you could drain off the lights. How about changing the paddles to more like riffles? Not so much to act like a riffle, but so the heavies are not carried so far up the barrel. I'm curious now.

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have thought about using a c mixer platform to be reworked into a tromel,remove the aggregate drum,replace with tromel screen drum, then a sluice attached under it, using as is as a consentrater not sure if it is practical, but what do I know they call me loco,lol

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it works wet as a concentrator and material breakdown majigger.

we have plans to use one in a spot to break up clay, will then be running whats in it through a sluice.

johnnysau

Apr 23, 2012
Reno NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the idea, thought about it too. It turns one way to let things settle, make it turn the other to force the light material OUT OF THE BARREL. However the setup is for the on the cement trucks to force the cement up and OUT. johnnysau

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread