Centennial Park, Crossett, Arkansas (Site of the old Rose Inn)

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
After work today I stopped to see the roses at the site where the Rose Inn once stood.

DSCN2087.jpg

DSCN2088.jpg

DSCN2089.jpg

Also did an "artsy" type adjustment to this image of the fountain they put up when the park was built.

Editing: Duplicated image twice, applied difference blend mode to the top layer then offset the top layer by 3 pixels right, three pixels up. Merged top two layers. Set the blend mode for that layer to "overlay" and adjusted opacity until I was happy with the look and then merged those layers.

Next, created an empty layer and filled with black, changed the blend mode to "color dodge". Grabbed a brush (relatively soft) with white paint and set the flow at 9% and highlighted the water. That process will make water really stand out.

Added a vignette to finish the image.

DSCN2098.jpg

and another image, with only a clarity filter, a curves adjustment and a removal of a plaque on the back of the bench.

DSCN2095.jpg

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice pics, thanks for the share.:icon_thumright:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, you made that fountain pic very nice! It would look real good hanging on a wall.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread