Central Idaho gold tip?

OwenT

Feb 11, 2015
Moses Lake WA & Provo UT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Central Idaho gold tips?

I'll be backpacking in the Sawtooths this week and want to do a little prospecting while I'm in Idaho. What are some good areas to look at while I'm over there? We'll be driving along the S fork Payette, does that have anything good? And I think we'll be fairly close to Boise Basin, is there still good gold around there?

Upvote 0

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro, Keene "3 dredge, Jobe yellow jacket, "36 Prospector Bazooka, a shovel, a pan and a worn out back.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be in Boise at the end of Sept. I am going to try do some prospecting towards Idaho city and just hit random spots around the Boise area. I know there is gold around the Riggins area though.

davin

May 10, 2011
north idaho
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dont know much about those areas other than reading about them but they sound like they are good areas and thats about all i can say. wish i could help you
out more, best of luck.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Start by looking in mylandmatters.org
You may want to look for public land near an existing claim but unclaimed.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the Snake and many miles of the Payette river are open to prospecting. Most of the better areas are claimed Do your due diligence G/L

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Have you used the lr2000 web site? It's not super user friendly. Trying to learn how to use it may make you want to gouge your eyes out, but its worth figuring out. It's great for figuring where existing claims are.have fun on your trip and find some color! its some beautiful country up there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread