CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Working in gods country today! 8,000 ft elevation. Amazing views! AE2288F2-0D9F-4E32-A88E-6A6C0D016014.jpeg 14093968-B3DA-4787-B141-45EA3C670CB3.jpeg 3C268937-46CD-49B0-9024-A88828A42C8D.jpeg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that the Toiyabe range?

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was over by them about a month ago. Only been kinda up in them in the early 90s on the east side doing business with a mine out of Kingston, Nevada. It's a pretty veiw going east on that big hill on 50 overlooking the valley below. We have a shop in Carlin and I'll be going to Yerington 4th week of July out along highway 50 to get there. Pretty peaceful country out in the center of Nevada it is.

OP
OP
C

CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was over by them about a month ago. Only been kinda up in them in the early 90s on the east side doing business with a mine out of Kingston, Nevada. It's a pretty veiw going east on that big hill on 50 overlooking the valley below. We have a shop in Carlin and I'll be going to Yerington 4th week of July out along highway 50 to get there. Pretty peaceful country out in the center of Nevada it is.

I want to detect my in Carlin. There’s some great Sanborn maps from the 1880’s there. Some vacant lots where there used to be hotels.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep thinking of finding an old Elko Navada Coke bottle around there somewhere. They worth maybe as much as a couple grand. Yeah old town Carlin looks pretty run down. There's quite a few no longer existing ghost towns along the original trans continental railroad grade also, plus where your at around the town Austin might be a good place to detect. https://www.icollector.com/Premiere-Elko-Coca-Cola-Bottle-Elko-Nevada_i27256779

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I keep thinking of finding an old Elko Navada Coke bottle around there somewhere. They worth maybe as much as a couple grand. Yeah old town Carlin looks pretty run down. There's quite a few no longer existing ghost towns along the original trans continental railroad grade also, plus where your at around the town Austin might be a good place to detect.

I could sure use a trip to Austin..hell, I'd live there if the Queen would
consider the move. Truth be told, with the disabilities she has it'd be
way to far from emergency medical care.

Still...doesn't hurt to dream about it....:occasion14:

3xflyfisher

Nov 1, 2005
In my RV, where ever it may stop!
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just spent the last ten days or so exploring this area, camped near the Hickison petroglyphs. The Toiyabe is a cool mountain range! Up near Winnemucca now.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could sure use a trip to Austin..hell, I'd live there if the Queen would
consider the move. Truth be told, with the disabilities she has it'd be
way to far from emergency medical care.

Still...doesn't hurt to dream about it....:occasion14:
I would suffer severely if I moved my lovie dove to a place like Austin, Nevada. Seems to me the place was kinda drying up from what it was years ago.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

3xflyfisher

Nov 1, 2005
In my RV, where ever it may stop!
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're right Tamrock! Lots of stars. Was actually camped a way up the road from the actual campground. a lot of good hiking in this area, wild horses and burros wandering around too!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're right Tamrock! Lots of stars. Was actually camped a way up the road from the actual campground. a lot of good hiking in this area, wild horses and burros wandering around too!
I did see a pretty large herd of ornery looking wild horses going along 50 a month ago. Never seen any Burros, but maybe I pass them and not notice. I believe they evolve into colors that closely mimic the terrain they lived in over generations and they become quite camouflaged.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread